Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUADEC 2018 Kicks Off In Almería, Spain

Phoronix: GUADEC 2018 Kicks Off In Almería, Spain

GUADEC 2018, the annual GNOME developers' conference, has kicked off this morning in Almería, Spain...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I bet they are concocting another Linux desktop holocaust

Comment

Hopefully they talk about a resolution regarding running JS engine on compositor thread.

Comment

I'm worried about PipeWire, and how much overhead it is going to have.

Comment

You know what happens, if you plug in an external projector using GNOME. So please use macOS or Windows for public speaches. Otherwise it may end in an embarrassment when talking about the "leading desktop on linux" or "the year of the desktop" or "leading technology".

Comment

Ah, the usual trolls with deep-seated mental health issues. Enjoy your weekend, losers ...

I'm keen to see the talk on gtk+4 and pipewire. I've already started playing around with gtk+4 and the porting effort is pretty mild for my apps

Comment

Originally posted by Candy View Post
              You know what happens, if you plug in an external projector using GNOME.
              Only while the laptop is in suspend mode. It does not just crash by connecting a monitor/projector.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                I'm worried about PipeWire, and how much overhead it is going to have.
                The shills are telling me it won't have a lot of it, and it's going to have hardware acceleration.

Comment

Working...
                X