Kdenlive's Significantly Refactored Video Editor Is Now Ready For Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kdenlive's Significantly Refactored Video Editor Is Now Ready For Testing

Phoronix: Kdenlive's Significantly Refactored Video Editor Is Now Ready For Testing

Developers working hard on the Kdenlive open-source video editor are preparing to unveil their significantly refactored code-base in the upcoming KDE Applications 18.08 release. But for helping weed out the bugs, you can now test an AppImage for this big release that is nearly two years in the making...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Y'all got any more pics in the news roll? =P

Comment

I hope this will solve the constant crashing issues I've had until now with it!

Comment

kdenlive is great i use it all the time. only sometimes I get artifacts in the exported video mainly around cut regions. hope it got fixed.

Comment

insert/life/overwrite should now be working reliably
          life=lift?

Comment

You have more features in Blender to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
              You have more features in Blender to do the same.
              The only problem for K-people is, Blender doesn't start with 'K'.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post

The only problem for K-people is, Blender doesn't start with 'K'.
                Sounds kinda uncalled for, considering the tons of OSS projects & forks and the fact KDE is the historical Linux DE that kinda stuck to its basics throughout the years.

I was kinda impressed by Kdenlive (actually managed to do useful stuff with it, as well as with Krita and other KDE projects (like NextCloud, initially) But I must confess I didn't consider Blender for this purpose. Can someone elaborate on this ?

As for the K-naming thingie, I think it's not been the case anymore for a long time ?
                Last edited by torturedutopian; 04 July 2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

As for the K-naming thingie, I think it's not been the case anymore for a long time ?
                  True.

I'm use better software for my prupose, with Plasma, Qt, KDE Frameworks and many KDE Applications.

See https://userbase.kde.org/ for details over KDE community.

Comment

This is awesome, I don't normally use KDE apps on my workstation, but I make an exception for Kdenlive because there's nothing else that can touch it in the FOSS world. Definitely looking forward to testing this new release out.

Comment

Working...
                    X