Kdenlive's Significantly Refactored Video Editor Is Now Ready For Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
    I hope this will solve the constant crashing issues I've had until now with it!
    At least KDE doesn't crash, if you plug or unplug an external Monitor

Comment

As a years-long user of kdenlive-the-unrefactored-version I was of course interested to test this.
      Unluckily, it took only one video clip import and putting it on the timeline till the first "segmentation fault".
      I guess there is much more work ahead to get this anywhere as stable as the before-refactoring version.

Comment

Originally posted by dwagner View Post
        As a years-long user of kdenlive-the-unrefactored-version I was of course interested to test this.
        Unluckily, it took only one video clip import and putting it on the timeline till the first "segmentation fault".
        I guess there is much more work ahead to get this anywhere as stable as the before-refactoring version.
        eeeeew, so sad to read that it's still a unusable pile of garbage. At first blush kdenlive always looks so feature-rich and nice but every time I've tried it it's just died within 10 minutes. The other linux alternatives aren't better, btw. Great that they are working on it but I wish the focus was making it stable enough to use for anything.

Comment

Seldom had a crash on Ubuntu and I use it quite a bit. But this beta crashes very often...
          Last edited by mike44; 05 July 2018, 03:02 AM.

Comment

I have a bad mic so right now, I have to import the video file to Audacity to extract audio and then apply noise reduction, then save as mp3 then import to kdenlive. In there, I remove the original audio track and use the noise-reduced one. Is there a way to do this in kdenlive without involving Audacity?

Comment

Originally posted by xiando View Post
              eeeeew, so sad to read that it's still a unusable pile of garbage. At first blush kdenlive always looks so feature-rich and nice but every time I've tried it it's just died within 10 minutes. The other linux alternatives aren't better, btw. Great that they are working on it but I wish the focus was making it stable enough to use for anything.
              At least they're working on performance issues! Does it really matter if it's unusably crash prone? Funny how they have any performance problems to begin with. Others implement such video editors in slow interpreted Python with no performance issues, but -march=native -O6 -funroll-loops -fopenmp 32-threaded AVX512 C++ GCC 8.1 video editor has performance problems. I though C++ is the most performant language there is.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
                Others implement such video editors in slow interpreted Python with no performance issues,
                Sounds interesting! Could you give me a hint which one you have in mind?

Comment

Originally posted by lectrode View Post
                  life=lift?
                  Nope, your life should now work reliably, because of the new functionality which makes your life that much easier! :-)

Comment

At least they're working on performance issues! Does it really matter if it's unusably crash prone? Funny how they have any performance problems to begin with. Others implement such video editors in slow interpreted Python with no performance issues, but -march=native -O6 -funroll-loops -fopenmp 32-threaded AVX512 C++ GCC 8.1 video editor has performance problems. I though C++ is the most performant language there is.
                    And those use Python only for the UI or for the underlying video-editing as well? My money is that the video-editing bits are C-libraries.

Comment

The only problem for K-people is, Blender doesn't start with 'K'.
                      So GwenView should change its name as well, and Babe, and Dolphin, and ... They all don't start with a 'K', despite being KDE apps.
                      Last edited by Vistaus; 05 July 2018, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X