Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox 61 Releasing Today With Performance Improvements, Accessibility Inspector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andreano View Post
    Is there any browser that can be configured to always open links in a new tab? That's my wishlist.

Comment

And I'm still stuck on version 58 because Firefox developers are too lazy to check the DNS server response to see if the web server's ip address is localhost and stop forcing HTPS on my virtualhost domain (.dev) based on HTTPS preload list.
      Seriously, Firefox developers made web developers harder because of their lazyness and their policy to follow Google's shitty trends for their owned domains.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff99 View Post
        I can get behind most of these pretty strongly, but I am leaning pretty strongly away from CSDs. For floating (and IMO really only floating) WMs, they save space and can look nice, but they seem like a horrendous abstraction after any small amount of serious thought. If X and/or Wayland need protocol extensions for application windows to get more control of how WM/compositor decorations render, so be it, but not giving the broader environment primacy in managing windows opens up a lot of issues around application reliability and trustworthiness.
        CSD is optional in Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
          And I'm still stuck on version 58 because Firefox developers are too lazy to check the DNS server response to see if the web server's ip address is localhost and stop forcing HTPS on my virtualhost domain (.dev) based on HTTPS preload list.
          Seriously, Firefox developers made web developers harder because of their lazyness and their policy to follow Google's shitty trends for their owned domains.
          Yeah, let's complain to Firefox devs that have to enforce https on a domain that will be used by actual websites and keep using an old Firefox (and Chrome, and others I guess) for testing web development. Let's also ask Firefox developers to add more latency and bs to the broser so it can check if the page comes from localhost (which wont help developers not using localhost).

The best solution isn't ever going to be maybe changing our own local test domain from .dev to .test, which was for the domain we should have used to begin with, as since the very recent year of 1999 it is an officially reserved domain for testing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.test

Comment

Originally posted by andreano View Post
            Is there any browser that can be configured to always open links in a new tab? That's my wishlist.
            In case you want to do that selectively: I believe most browsers will open a link in a new tab with a click of the middle mouse-button.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              Things I would like to see in Firefox:
              WTF do you want web pages opening dialog boxes? I'm sure their lack of support for that is intentional, and I consider it a feature.

Comment

Originally posted by hosh-blot View Post

ctrl+k selects content of the search box, so you can do that and then just type the new thing.
                Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
                  WTF do you want web pages opening dialog boxes? I'm sure their lack of support for that is intentional, and I consider it a feature.
                  #FuckPopupsForever

Comment

These are not the type of popups who popup a new window, like in the old times of the web with annoying popup windows.
                    The modern web uses dialogs extensively but does so using <div> element together with CSS and JavaScript.
                    The <dialog> element introduces a way to keep doing the same thing but in a more semantic way.

With a semantic element it will be even easier for you to block them if you consider them annoying.

Comment

It's for web apps, not general browsing.

Have you ever clicked a button and wanted a confirmation prompt before it goes to do something or other? Yeah, that's a dialog.

Comment

Working...
                      X