No announcement yet.

GNOME 3.29.3 Released As The Latest Step Towards GNOME 3.30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see gnome-extension-tool generate ES6 classes.
    I would like to see GtkSourceView support syntax highlighting for TypeScript, .cshtml, and JSX.

Originally posted by q2dg View Post
    Icons on desktop PLEASE!!
    I do use icons on the desktop and always have been.
    But was this ever really a good idea?
    Or does it just lead to random stuff on the desktop instead of being properly sorted in the Documents, Videos, Pictures and Music folders?

Comment

Why put icons on desktop?

If you really want they use Nemo-desktop. It works pretty good. At least on XOrg session.

Comment

The most inconvenient feature ever existed.

Comment

Originally posted by JeansenVaars View Post
          memory leaks and consumption is a huge problem of Gnome. I can't install it even on my 8g laptop. After a few minutes my laptop has only about 2 gigs ram free along with some browser tabs and other programs.

Anyone tried this and monitored memory consumption?
          Two desktops and two laptops with 8GB each and never had this problem. Ofcourse the mempry usage is higher than KDE but no memory leaks.

Comment

Recently I changed keyboard and whenever I post here or to any other forum, it adds three dots at the end of my posts. Anyone any idea why this happens?

Comment

Originally posted by Avant
              Apparently, the mem leak fix never backported to 3.28 as Michael has previously said
              That problem was not a memory leak.. so has nothing to do with the memory leaks in this news.

Comment

The Big Memory Leak wasn't a memory leak, but an issue with the garbage collector not being run when it should be.

Comment

Put semantics aside, this posts talks exactly about that, about the garbage collector is not triggered in time and it's still not fixed in gnome 3.28

See also the previous post: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...emory-Leak-Fix

https://feaneron.com/2018/04/20/the-...l-memory-leak/
                  The difference is rather significant and not in any way a matter of semantics.

Comment

Originally posted by leech View Post

You know there's a fix for that, right? I personally loathe desktop icons, but I know that's just my opinion. But there was an extension to add them back. Just like there's an extension to re-enable the system tray for programs that still use it.
                    That could make up a nice meme every time Gnome removes yet another feature:
                    "Don't worry, there is an extension to add it back"

Comment

Originally posted by JeansenVaars View Post
                      memory leaks and consumption is a huge problem of Gnome. I can't install it even on my 8g laptop. After a few minutes my laptop has only about 2 gigs ram free along with some browser tabs and other programs.

Anyone tried this and monitored memory consumption?
                      Use a non-broken distro; With Fedora 28, I have no such problems with memory usage and GNOME (as in, I can leave it up no shell restarts for hours and not eat anywhere near 8GB of RAM on both X and Wayland).

I get that memory usage on GNOME is a bit higher than other DEs, but it's not *completely* broken, by itself anyway...

Comment

Working...
                      X