Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.29.3 Released As The Latest Step Towards GNOME 3.30

Phoronix: GNOME 3.29.3 Released As The Latest Step Towards GNOME 3.30

GNOME 3.29.3 is out today as the latest development release in the road to this September's GNOME 3.30 desktop update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Icons on desktop PLEASE!!

Comment

Originally posted by q2dg View Post
      Icons on desktop PLEASE!!
      Don't fight the tide; just use a different DE that isn't against them.

Comment

Did not they remove anything this time?

Comment

Meanwhile I'm on:

GNOME 3.28.1 instead of 3.29.3
          Xorg 1.19.6 instead of 1.20
          GCC 7.3.0 instead of GCC 8

I do not need bleeding edge and my machine is perfectly stable right now.

Okay, I feel better now.

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post

Don't fight the tide; just use a different DE that isn't against them.
            You know there's a fix for that, right? I personally loathe desktop icons, but I know that's just my opinion. But there was an extension to add them back. Just like there's an extension to re-enable the system tray for programs that still use it.

Comment

memory leaks and consumption is a huge problem of Gnome. I can't install it even on my 8g laptop. After a few minutes my laptop has only about 2 gigs ram free along with some browser tabs and other programs.

Anyone tried this and monitored memory consumption?

Comment

https://extensions.gnome.org/extensi...desktop-icons/ didn't test

Comment

Originally posted by JeansenVaars View Post
                  memory leaks and consumption is a huge problem of Gnome. I can't install it even on my 8g laptop. After a few minutes my laptop has only about 2 gigs ram free along with some browser tabs and other programs.

Anyone tried this and monitored memory consumption?
                  I've been using Fedora 27 on my main rig (16G mem) and Fedora 28 on my laptop (8G mem) with absolutely no problems. If memory leaks do exist, they aren't noticeable in day to day use.

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
                    Meanwhile I'm on:

GNOME 3.28.1 instead of 3.29.3
                    Xorg 1.19.6 instead of 1.20
                    GCC 7.3.0 instead of GCC 8

Okay, I feel better now.
                    That's nothing. Apart from patching my kernel (because I encountered a crash and kernel developers had a patch) and rebooting three days ago, I haven't updated my arch linux box since the beginning of 2018.
                    Last edited by Guest; 20 June 2018, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X