Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.13 Ships As The Best Plasma 5 Release Yet

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.13 Ships As The Best Plasma 5 Release Yet

The much anticipated Plasma 5.13 is now available as the latest installment of the maturing KDE Plasma 5 desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Has the giant cursor on Wayland been fixed?
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Big one for me is libinput KCM module for mouse. It should be finally configurable on Wayland.

Comment

Continually excited to be running Plasma. Very polished, functional, and surprising fast. Whenever I demonstrate a Linux DE to MacOS and Windows users, I always use Plasma. It's the prefect balance of elegance and performance to leave a good impression of Linux on people used to well-funded proprietary UIs/UXs. Plus, using just the simple settings tools, one can quickly replicate familiar workflows such MacOS (just add KDE's latte dock and add a global application bar to the top) or Windows 7 (increase the height of the bottom bar and switch the task manager to icon-only mode). No hacks to the DE required to get functionality, its in Plasma natively and available when needed!

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
          There is a config for this on 5.12 (and maybe before). Set it to the same size as on x11 and everything is fixed. If it's the same size as x11 as default i don't know.

Comment

I look forward to a lot of these changes. I see myself benefiting from many of them (something I don't find myself saying all that often).

Comment

*impatiently waits for the packages to arrive in the neon dist*

Comment

Originally posted by Numeric View Post
                Continually excited to be running Plasma. Very polished, functional, and surprising fast.
                You have to be using an SSD though which I suspect Plasma developers are using and not testing HDD use case which is way slower in many critical paths. A lot of stuff is awfully blocking on I/O which could be way better for user experience if Plasma used I/O asynchronously.

Comment

libinput support rewritten for X? But I thought that they were only working on Wayland-related stuff now and only incorporated bug and security fixes for the X session...

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                    I don't know if it was fixed but it was fine after setting fixed size not auto.

Comment

Working...
                    X