Ardour Digital Audio Workstation Is Going Through An Architectural Overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ardour Digital Audio Workstation Is Going Through An Architectural Overhaul

Phoronix: Ardour Digital Audio Workstation Is Going Through An Architectural Overhaul

For those wondering what's been going on with the Ardour digital audio workstation cross-platform, open-source software, their developers have posted a status update about their ongoing progress to the project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

One thing I don't like about Ardour is in-place MIDI editor. I would like to have a MIDI editor in a separate window.

That's where MusE-Sequencer comes in. The workflow in MusE-Sequencer makes it so easy for me to create music since I'm not a keyboardist. Sure, I've learned to play a piano in the past, but timing is my biggest weakness, so I work with MIDI to create my own composition, as heard in three of my songs. I used Qtractor to randomize the timing for MIDI notes just a bit. The only kind of instrument I'm good at is tambourine, although my timing is still my barrier for making music in real-time.
    Do you love music you hear at Epcot in Walt Disney World? Do you like listening to 80s music? Dig right in, play a couple of my songs and experience it for yourself!

Comment

Good. Hopefully someone will step in and solve the idiotic situation with the sound servers. Its moronic to have two -and have to set up things- when all the other OS can do just fine with one that just works for the average joe or mr pro.

Comment

Have you tried to set up professional audio on Windows? It's in the same situation, as soon as you need low latency audio there are multiple servers. As far as I can tell MacOS is the only place you get an all in one sound system.

Comment

Working...
        X