GNOME Announces New Internship Program For Complex Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrebrait View Post
    The amount of people who just don't get the importance of targeting some specific demographics from time to time is astonishing.

​​​​That's the pinnacle of being socially nearsighted.

It's like "Hey, we noticed we're all white boys, how about we do one event to target minorities, since 99.999999% of the time we don't we end up hiring white males?", and going "Boooo!!!! That's so unfair!!! You should be hired because you're capable, not that shit!! Yeah, let's pretend recruiters have no bias at all and that everyone could afford computers all their lives like I did! Of course they can, they're just lazy! I can, how come they can't?" while he doesn't realize he still has the other 99.999999% of job interviews open for him anyway.
    ​​​​
    No, you *ONLY* want to pick the best person for the job, arbitrary attributes DOES NOT MATTER.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfoxmoon View Post

No, you *ONLY* want to pick the best person for the job, arbitrary attributes DOES NOT MATTER.
      Thanks for exemplifying.

Comment

A developer named Manveer Heir that worked for Bioware in Canada he went around giving speeches about diversity. One day he went on a racist rant about white people on social mediia. People stopped buying Bioware. Bioware got bought out by Ea after that...

Comment

Originally posted by PackRat View Post
          A developer named Manveer Heir that worked for Bioware in Canada he went around giving speeches about diversity. One day he went on a racist rant about white people on social mediia. People stopped buying Bioware. Bioware got bought out by Ea after that...
          I can't stand Manveer Heir myself, but EA bought Bioware waaaaay before that. Looks to be about 2007, which lines up with my memory:

I believe Manveer Heir's shenanigans occurred in 2017.

Did Andromeda lose significant sales due to this? Hard to say. The game is definitely trash though.

Comment

Originally posted by hiryu View Post

I can't stand Manveer Heir myself, but EA bought Bioware waaaaay before that. Looks to be about 2007, which lines up with my memory:

I believe Manveer Heir's shenanigans occurred in 2017.

Did Andromeda lose significant sales due to this? Hard to say. The game is definitely trash though.
            My mistake thanks for the correction. I have no idea about Bioware or Ea I have it bought there stuff since the Baldur's gate day's or battlefield 1944. Anyway it's cool Gnome is hiring.

Comment

Originally Posted by Whymeengineer
              There was a rumor that Gnome could open paid internships for PhD students in 2021. But I haven't found any official references to confirm that. I'm an engineering student and it's my last semester, so I thought after I finish thetermpapers tasks I could prepare for a paid internship . I found only one offer on Glassdoor: GNOME Foundation Intern C++ Developer. Where else can I find anything for an engineering student? Thanks.
              Hi, you may contact the internships manager directly: internships-admin (at) gnome (dot) org Nuritzi Sanchez has also published an announcement on GitHub: Make it easy to find all GNOME internships/GSoC/Outreachy
              Or you may use intern.supply to find engineering internships.
              Last edited by moonkrj; 21 February 2020, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X