Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME Announces New Internship Program For Complex Projects

Phoronix: GNOME Announces New Internship Program For Complex Projects

Complementing GNOME's involvement in Google Summer of Code and Outreachy, the GNOME Foundation has announced a new internship program aimed for more complex projects...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Spectacular, I hope it's a great success.

It'd be great if they had something approximately similar to a Patreon page, where the monthly budget would have specific goals attached to milestones, and somebody could demo the changes on video as they come.

Comment

Interesting how the bigots at Gnome conveniently forget about gender and race whenever something "more complex" needs to get done... The Outreachy interns should probably be offended.
      Last edited by eggbert; 09 May 2018, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I just copied and pasted the usb fix from kde where is my $8000?

Comment

Originally posted by eggbert View Post
          Interesting how the bigots at Gnome conveniently forget about gender and race whenever something "more complex" needs to get done... The Outreachy interns should probably be offended.
          where do you even see any restriction? all requirements are completely neutral. or is the mistake that you mention the fact that they didn't mention them specifically?

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post

where do you even see any restriction? all requirements are completely neutral. or is the mistake that you mention the fact that they didn't mention them specifically?
            don't worry about it, Eggbert just can't accept that Outreachy exists, even if its completely unreleated here.

But if he wants to be butthurt, that not everything is available for a white male ....

Comment

Wow, you don't even need to be trans doublequeer polysexual neoblack otherkin to participate in this one! How will community stomach such blatant fascism?

Comment

Originally posted by kaszak View Post
                Wow, you don't even need to be trans doublequeer polysexual neoblack otherkin to participate in this one! How will community stomach such blatant fascism?
                My guess is that this train of thought would not occur to anyone in the community, and it's just fragile retards like yourself who need to make everything about the alleged oppression bombarding you from all angles.

Comment

The amount of people who just don't get the importance of targeting some specific demographics from time to time is astonishing.

​​​​That's the pinnacle of being socially nearsighted.

It's like "Hey, we noticed we're all white boys, how about we do one event to target minorities, since 99.999999% of the time we don't we end up hiring white males?", and going "Boooo!!!! That's so unfair!!! You should be hired because you're capable, not that shit!! Yeah, let's pretend recruiters have no bias at all and that everyone could afford computers all their lives like I did! Of course they can, they're just lazy! I can, how come they can't?" while he doesn't realize he still has the other 99.999999% of job interviews open for him anyway.
                  ​​​​
                  Last edited by andrebrait; 10 May 2018, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavalor View Post

don't worry about it, Eggbert just can't accept that Outreachy exists, even if its completely unreleated here.

But if he wants to be butthurt, that not everything is available for a white male ....
                    Found the bigot.

Comment

Working...
                    X