Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox 60 Released With New Enterprise Features, Web Authentication / Yubikey Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 60 Released With New Enterprise Features, Web Authentication / Yubikey Support

Phoronix: Firefox 60 Released With New Enterprise Features, Web Authentication / Yubikey Support

Firefox 60.0 is out this morning and it's quite a big update while also being Mozilla's newest ESR release for extended support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This means IceCat 60 should be coming shortly. Last I checked the WebExtensions version of LibreJS was ridiculously broken. I wonder if something will finally be done about that.

Comment

Old joke from Windows 95 era. Still valid even now replacing Windows 95 with web browsers or IDE derivates of '20s .
      Data [turns around to answer]: Allow me to explain. We will send this program, for some reason called Windows, through the Borg command pathways.
      Once inside their root command unit, it will begin consuming system resources at an unstoppable rate.

Picard: But the Borg have the ability to adapt. Won't they alter their processing systems to increase their storage capacity?

Data: Yes, Captain. But when 'Windows' detects this, it creates a new version of itself known as an 'upgrade'. The use of resources increases exponentially with each iteration. The Borg will not be able to adapt quickly enough. Eventually all of their processing ability will be taken over and none will be available for their normal operational functions.

Picard: Excellent work. This is even better than that 'unsolvable geometric shape' idea.

.. . . 15 Minutes Later . . .

Data: Captain, We have successfully installed the 'Windows' in the command unit and as expected it immediately consumed 85% of all resources.
      We however have not received any confirmation of the expected 'upgrade'.

Geordi: Our scanners have picked up an increase in Borg storage and CPU capacity to compensate, but we still have no indication of an 'upgrade' to compensate for their increase.

Picard: Data, scan the history banks again and determine if their is something we have missed.

Comment

Still no real touch screen support or hardware acceleration available by default. And Wayland is as well not even supported by the official nightlies. Besides all the new shiny stuff I would love to see a release improving the basic Linux support.

Comment

I like this stuff, yubikey support but I don't store my passwords at a firefox account online anymore, it's not safe IMHO. Give us local encrypted passwords with sync support.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
            Still no real touch screen support or hardware acceleration available by default. And Wayland is as well not even supported by the official nightlies. Besides all the new shiny stuff I would love to see a release improving the basic Linux support.
            They don't give a fuck about linux. (period)

Comment

And I still need to use Firefox 58 as web developer on LOCALHOST because Google bought the INTERNET doman .dev and this domain doesn't work anymore on newer versions of Firefox on local computer.
              Something like this, but without any certificate, like it was always:
              On my local Apache environment I have a site that requires SSL for development, so I have been using a self signed certificate. The local site has worked fine in Firefox and Chrome until now, but a...

Comment

Nice feature I haven't seen advertised anywhere that was added with 60: Linux builds now run in a chroot jail, making access to the rest of the filesystem in the event of a vulnerability much harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayote View Post
                  I like this stuff, yubikey support but I don't store my passwords at a firefox account online anymore, it's not safe IMHO. Give us local encrypted passwords with sync support.
                  They already do that. In fact, it's always been done that way. They've changed the specifics over the years, but from day one of sync, passwords have always been locally encrypted (using a randomly generated key, plus your password if you have one) before leaving your computer.

Comment

Maybe would be cool with Web Authentication support on GitHub, GitLab or on banking sites.

Comment

Working...
                    X