Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrossOver 17.5 Improves Support For Office 2016 / Office 365

Phoronix: CrossOver 17.5 Improves Support For Office 2016 / Office 365

CodeWeavers has rolled out their newest version of their Wine-based commercial software for running Windows programs on Linux and macOS systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If they would make DayZ SA run, I would buy it!

Comment

The Win32 API is increasingly less relevant in these days with .NET Framework and UWP.
      And now apps are distributed in the Windows Store too, not as downloadable files.
      Can the Windows Store be used on CrossOver?

Office 365 also have web apps, you can reach those apps from the web. It is a suite of integrated apps that work with Active Directory, and its hosted in the cloud. Now Microsoft have been adding managing GDPR compliance too. So Office 365 is pretty nice for the corporate world.

Comment

Pricing is still nonsense, its much more expensive than Windows license, normal and poor people will still dual boot or use vanilla Wine for peasants.

Comment

I tried it on OpenSUSE Leap 15 (latest RC) and it failed miserably. I did sent them a note. Granted, it's not released, but still.

Comment

I'll tell ya what the CrossOver team can do, make .NET install FULLY without issue on 64bit prefixes.

You can get some of it installed atm but parts of it seem broken and all .NET based applications seem to fail at some point or another and its frustrating because of how wide spread dotnet is being used to make simple apps like mod managers etc these days. And allot of them are going 64bit only, no 32bit prefix options!

Comment

Office 2016 works almost perfectly for me on openSUSE Tumbleweed

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
                Pricing is still nonsense, its much more expensive than Windows license, normal and poor people will still dual boot or use vanilla Wine for peasants.
                You have to catch it during a sale. It usually costs about $20 during a sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post

You have to catch it during a sale. It usually costs about $20 during a sale.
                  Also, who buys a Windows license? Most people buy a new computer with Windows already on it so the licensing fee is already included. It's been a long, long time since I've heard from anyone that they actually bought a separate license. So it's not really fair to compare CX and Windows license anyway.

Comment

Kind of late. Office 2019 is already on the horizon and it would be wise if they followed the test builds of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X