Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cinnamon 3.8 Desktop Released With Performance Improvements, Various Modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post

You're missing the point. The key with the MS Windows logo on a keyboard is called 'Windows' key.

You dont even have the key, no matter what it's called, so what are you harping on about?

My reponse was in response to the gentleman talking about it being called the Windows key, not a 'Super' key. He calls it that instead of Super based on the premise MS paid manufacturer's to have that key added to the standard layout (US was 104 at the time?).

It was a good idea (really a knock-off of Apple...), and much like MS hardware at the time, quite useful.
    Just because it has a Windows sticker doesn't mean it's called the Windows key. My laptop has an engraved ChromeOS badge + logo, yet I'm not running ChromeOS on it. And my tablet has an Ubuntu logo (Bq Aquaris M10 FHD Ubuntu Edition) yet it's running Android. North Korea has cars with N-K manufacturers logo, but they're really imported Chinese cars. So a sticker/logo (and optional text) doesn't say much. Seems like *you're* missing the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
      Just because it has a Windows sticker doesn't mean it's called the Windows key. My laptop has an engraved ChromeOS badge + logo, yet I'm not running ChromeOS on it. And my tablet has an Ubuntu logo (Bq Aquaris M10 FHD Ubuntu Edition) yet it's running Android. North Korea has cars with N-K manufacturers logo, but they're really imported Chinese cars. So a sticker/logo (and optional text) doesn't say much. Seems like *you're* missing the point.
      Do you, by any chance, hang out much with those who rant on about how it's actually GNU/Linux and not Linux?

Almost everyone refers to it as "the Windows key" as it's universally known by that name. No one cares about it being called by its "real name" other than you.

Comment

Originally posted by Beherit View Post

Do you, by any chance, hang out much with those who rant on about how it's actually GNU/Linux and not Linux?

Almost everyone refers to it as "the Windows key" as it's universally known by that name. No one cares about it being called by its "real name" other than you.

I don't care if you call it GNU/Linux or Linux. In fact, *I* call it just Linux, I don't think I ever even used the term "GNU/Linux".

Its real name isn't important for casual users, but we're on Phoronix here, a tech site, so let's keep it technical and call it as it is. I've never ever heard anyone who's more into computers, like us Phoronixers, refer to it as the "Windows key".

Comment

hah, still missing the point. Awesome.
          Hi

Comment

Working...
          X