No announcement yet.

LibreOffice 6.1 Alpha 1 Is Ready To Roll For Advancing The Open-Source Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice 6.1 Alpha 1 Is Ready To Roll For Advancing The Open-Source Office

Phoronix: LibreOffice 6.1 Alpha 1 Is Ready To Roll For Advancing The Open-Source Office

LibreOffice 6.1 Alpha 1 was tagged overnight as the first development release towards this next updated open-source office suite release succeeding the big LibreOffice 6.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael Larabel really the icon for this write up being BSD I think you typo-ed.

Comment

> better KDE 5 integration
      If there was any at all... hopefully they'll get that done, soon.

I also hope they'll fix some long standing performance issues, like rendering glitches and slowness. We need LibO as a free(dom), powerful, stable and generally well-working office suite on Linux, but also on other platforms as a countermeasure to this nasty MSO dictatorship.
      But currently it does offer a lot of stuff but also has a lot of rough edges for me.
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post
        Michael Larabel really the icon for this write up being BSD I think you typo-ed.
        Yep thanks
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

When are they going to fix the regression that they added to LibreOffice 6.0 where the program goes into a crash loop when you simply click on a file that is already opened?
          Incidentally, the document recovery itself crashes and you have to cancel document recovery to get out of the crash loop.

I'd really like to see work on basic functionality rather than marketing features.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
            When are they going to fix the regression that they added to LibreOffice 6.0 where the program goes into a crash loop when you simply click on a file that is already opened?
            Incidentally, the document recovery itself crashes and you have to cancel document recovery to get out of the crash loop.

I'd really like to see work on basic functionality rather than marketing features.
            I assume you've reported it to the bugzilla and a QA person reproduced your case.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post

That sounds very serious. Please report it if you haven't already done so.
              I can't reproduce it here on Linux (gtk3 theme) but your setup may be different. You will also be doing a good deed by helping other people who are encountering the same crash but are not aware of where to look for libreoffice website or something.

Comment

Originally posted by quikee View Post

I assume you've reported it to the bugzilla and a QA person reproduced your case.
                But everyone knows all devs read Phoronix forums :P

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

But everyone knows all devs read Phoronix forums :P
                  You misspelled dread.

Comment

Working...
                  X