Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xfce Picks Up Better PulseAudio Integration

Phoronix: Xfce Picks Up Better PulseAudio Integration

In addition to the Xfce Settings update this weekend there is also a new release of the Xfce PluseAudio Plugin providing better support for this sound server on the Xfce desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    The new Xfce PluseAudio Plugin 0.4 release

Comment

I wonder how debianxfce will react to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Scias View Post
        I wonder how debianxfce will react to this.
        By saying something nonsensical like "Use gstreamer instead of pulseaudio!"

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
          By saying something nonsensical like "Use gstreamer instead of pulseaudio!"
          And posting his photoshopped image of Windows ME where he replaced Windows with "Pottering" and "Linux ME me me me".

Comment

I'm quite sure he will embrace this. Since there is new technology on the horizon (pipewire), pulseaudio will be the new yesterdays technology. He always likes yesterdays technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post
              I'm quite sure he will embrace this. Since there is new technology on the horizon (pipewire), pulseaudio will be the new yesterdays technology. He always likes yesterdays technology.
              But he also likes to do things his way rather than the DE's/distro's way, with his extreme custom kernel and dozens of Ubuntu PPA's on Debian.

Comment

Now now, folks, let's not mock^H^H^H^H feed the trolls.

After all, everyone knows that IceWM on Slackware, using straight-up ALSA is the One True Way. /jk

At least until Redox is done. /notentirelyjk
                Last edited by mulenmar; 26 April 2018, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                  PluseAudio
                  Twice!

Comment

Working...
                  X