KDE Plasma 5.13 Is Getting Further Polished Ahead Of Its June Release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.13 Is Getting Further Polished Ahead Of Its June Release

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.13 Is Getting Further Polished Ahead Of Its June Release

KDE Plasma 5.13 will be starting up even faster, focusing more on Wayland improvements, improved monitor hot-plugging, GTK global menu support, and a lot of polishing throughout...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...13-More-Polish

I'm waiting for libinput configs to be merged (for mouse), before switching to the Wayland session.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
      I'm waiting for libinput configs to be merged (for mouse), before switching to the Wayland session.
      Good news, it's coming in Plasma 5.13!

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=350688

Comment

It's almost a year since I switched from Unity (Gnome) to KDE Plasma 5 and I have to admit the work of this community is impressive. As a Kde user I can not help but thank and try to contribute as much as I can. But I'm happy with what the guys at Kde are doing. Good job.

Comment

Resizing the window is so slow in that GIF. Is that a realistic indication of how Qt/KDE perform?
          Last edited by GrayShade; 04-16-2018, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
            It's almost a year since I switched from Unity (Gnome) to KDE Plasma 5
            Unity is not Gnome, it never has been.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post

Unity is not Gnome, it never has been.
              Yeah, I think he meant that he switched from a GTK-based desktop to a Qt-based one.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayShade View Post
                Resizing the window is so slow in that GIF. Is that a realistic indication of how Qt/KDE perform?
                It performs very good on my quite low-end hardware, so I think it's a bug in 5.13 (which is to be expected given the fact that it's still under development).

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
                  Yeah, I think he meant that he switched from a GTK-based desktop to a Qt-based one.
                  Unity has never been GTK-based. Ubuntu has always shipped GTK and Gnome applications but Unity itself is written using Nux, a niche toolkit nobody else is using, not GTK.

Comment

Working...
                  X