X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm confused, I thought kde was going to use qt wayland and not kwayland

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
      How long before wayland be ready in PLASMA? KDe is delaying too much the implementation of wayland into its desktop environment.
      I have been using Plasma Wayland for months (and also did some fixes). Just help instead of complaining....

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

And perhaps the most famous corner case: it's locked to 60 FPS
        No, it should render properly with the display refreshrate. What's not rendering with more (and less...) than 60fps is XWayland, which should apply to all Wayland DEs.
        XWayland is so stupid, you even get stutter with a 59.95Hz display because it wants to always render with exact 60fps...

Comment

Originally posted by PackRat View Post
          I'm confused, I thought kde was going to use qt wayland and not kwayland
          QtWayland is mainly for clients, KWayland is suited to both client and server.

Comment

'Breeze icon' and the like --- Oh, boy I hate all these 2D 'wishing' window decorations.
            There were times when 3D haptics are developed. -- Shit mobile market.

Said as one of the first KDE users (after self compiled ol(v)wm)...

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post
              'Breeze icon' and the like --- Oh, boy I hate all these 2D 'wishing' window decorations.
              There were times when 3D haptics are developed. -- Shit mobile market.

Said as one of the first KDE users (after self compiled ol(v)wm)...
              Mmm... have you tried using e.g. the Oxygen icons? (you can go to System Settings > Icons)

Also, perhaps this article would be interesting for you:
              "Is This Plasma 5, or Plasma 4?"
              Last edited by Nth_man; 14 April 2018, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Not sure how you guys have Wayland working with Plasma but I cant even close a window without it crashing back to login screen on Arch (any window). Not sure how to debug to help but it is unusable and not even close to ready on my end. Also noticed Global Menu doesn't work with Wayland.

Comment

In the news about Kwayland in Frameworks 5.45, it says that KDE is taking a different approach than GNOME. From what I see, part of the implementation does make use of pipewire though:

Comment

Originally posted by dsreyes1014 View Post
                    Not sure how you guys have Wayland working with Plasma but I cant even close a window without it crashing back to login screen on Arch (any window). Not sure how to debug to help but it is unusable and not even close to ready on my end. Also noticed Global Menu doesn't work with Wayland.
                    Which driver are you using? As you mentioned Arch, I suppose all packages are updated. Plasma runs perfectly well on my AMD and Intel systems with Arch Linux and modesetting drivers. I've tested additionallyl with Arch testing, kde-unstable and Qt 5.11 beta3, Kwin had a crash with Alt-tab and I had to recompile Kwin. Very seldom it kicks me out of Plasma-Wayland back to SDDM if Firefox with OpenGL acceleration or Steam does something odd. But besides this, it is running very stable.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

Which driver are you using? As you mentioned Arch, I suppose all packages are updated. Plasma runs perfectly well on my AMD and Intel systems with Arch Linux and modesetting drivers. I've tested additionallyl with Arch testing, kde-unstable and Qt 5.11 beta3, Kwin had a crash with Alt-tab and I had to recompile Kwin. Very seldom it kicks me out of Plasma-Wayland back to SDDM if Firefox with OpenGL acceleration or Steam does something odd. But besides this, it is running very stable.
                      All of my devices use the Intel driver and they behave the same way when using Wayland (crashes to login screen when closing a window).

Comment

Working...
                      X