Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Elisa 0.1 Music Player Released

Phoronix: KDE Elisa 0.1 Music Player Released

After being in development the past year, Elisa has done its first official release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well its not like Linux lacks music players,
    but something simple with good KDE integration and HiDPI support sounds like just what I need, I might just give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by Templar82 View Post
      Well its not like Linux lacks music players
      It might be a meme, but I can probably count the number of native Wayland high DPI music players on... very few fingers. Especially ones with the complete feature set to support a hundred thousand tracks music library.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post

It might be a meme, but I can probably count the number of native Wayland high DPI music players on... very few fingers. Especially ones with the complete feature set to support a hundred thousand tracks music library.
        Elisa is anything but player that has complete feature support. It has no settings, it dead stops track, it clears and rescans library on every start so you can't even listen to music it scanned previously because it removes it from library.

I'm still using Amarok, it may not start as fast but atleast it works.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
          DeaDBeeF is the only player with an equalizer
          All my players "have" an equalizer, even my browser. The magic is in my ~/.config/pulse/default.pa:
          Code:
          load-module module-equalizer-sink
          load-module module-dbus-protocol
          and then I control it using qpaeq

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post

Most Qt 5 music players, eg clementine, etc... works fine in pure wayland & hi-dpi.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Pulseaudio is buggy resource hog shit. A stable high end gaming/multimedia PC uses alsa, gstreamer and jackd. Gstreamer is a industry standard, pulseaudio is same shit software as gnome3, systemd and networkmanager.
              And you are a clueless idiot. `nough said.

Comment

Originally posted by sunweb View Post

Elisa is anything but player that has complete feature support. It has no settings, it dead stops track, it clears and rescans library on every start so you can't even listen to music it scanned previously because it removes it from library.

I'm still using Amarok, it may not start as fast but atleast it works.
                Agreed... it still has a ways to go before it's really usable. The scanning issue is annoying, as it the lack of really any settings. I also can't get any album art to appear. I'm thinking that they rely on album art embedded with tags vs. using a folder.jpg file which is supported by every client I have ever used, i.e. amarok, rhythmbox, qmmp, audacious, etc. I realize disk space is cheap these days, but not everyone wants to embed an album art image in their audio files. Seems like a big waste.

That said, it is a 0.1 release - so obviously has a way to go. I asked on the announcement blog if there was a place you could read about planned functionality - and I reported the above issues.

qmmp remains my qt based client of choice.
                Last edited by gbcox; 13 April 2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X