No announcement yet.

Wine Staging 3.5 Released With Patches For BattlEye, Rise of the Tomb Raider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Staging 3.5 Released With Patches For BattlEye, Rise of the Tomb Raider

Phoronix: Wine Staging 3.5 Released With Patches For BattlEye, Rise of the Tomb Raider

Following Friday's debut of Wine 3.5, a new Wine-Staging release is now available that continues to carry close to one thousand patches on top of the upstream Wine code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How to install the binary for Ubuntu 16.04.2?
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mike44 View Post
      How to install the binary for Ubuntu 16.04.2?
      Thanks
      Eventually you'll see it on this PPA.
      sudo add-apt-repository ppa:commendsarnex/winedri3
      sudo apt-get update
      sudo apt-get install wine-d3d9-staging

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
        Eventually you'll see it on this PPA.
        sudo add-apt-repository ppa:commendsarnex/winedri3
        sudo apt-get update
        sudo apt-get install wine-d3d9-staging
        Come on learn to read the person asked for staging not staging plus extra items.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

With Debian,to get latest wine staging, add this key (https://repos.wine-staging.com/alesl...es/Release.key ) with sudo apt-key add Release.key and add this repository for your distribution(sid,buster etc main): https://repos.wine-staging.com/alesliehughes/debian/
          For those needing all the steps required: (with sudo or as root)
          apt-key add - | wget "https://repos.wine-staging.com/alesliehughes/Release.key"
          echo "deb https://repos.wine-staging.com/alesliehughes/debian/ testing main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/wine-staging-alesliehughes.list
          apt-get update
          apt-get install wine-staging ##This installs wine-staging into /opt/wine-staging, run with /opt/wine-staging/bin/wine
          apt-get install winehq-staging ##This makes wine-staging the default wine (/usr/bin/wine)

Comment

For fedora users: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/co...-staging-nine/

Hope fedora will ship wine staging by default again. They switched back to vanilla with the 3.0 release

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post

Come on learn to read the person asked for staging not staging plus extra items.
              I don't see a problem with extra items.

Comment

Thanks debianxfce. Installed with help of winehq wiki and it updated my installed wine staging. All fine but TR and FSW crash. dukenuke would that help for Flight Sim World DX11? Why not merge with staging? I guess I need to install RoTR in wine and not run from virows? Doom demo works fine with Vulkan.

Comment

Originally posted by mike44 View Post
                  Thanks debianxfce. Installed with help of winehq wiki and it updated my installed wine staging. All fine but TR and FSW crash. dukenuke would that help for Flight Sim World DX11? Why not merge with staging? I guess I need to install RoTR in wine and not run from virows? Doom demo works fine with Vulkan.
                  Sarnex PPA is just Wine-Staging with Gallium-Nine included. So it should work the same regardless if you own an AMD GPU or not. He also has regular Wine with Nine support as well.

Sudo apt-get install wine3.0

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post

Sarnex PPA is just Wine-Staging with Gallium-Nine included. So it should work the same regardless if you own an AMD GPU or not. He also has regular Wine with Nine support as well.

Sudo apt-get install wine3.0
                    Thing there is Gallium-Nine when it patches wine modifies core parts.

loadorder.c
                    has been messed with. Something was disabled in staging source because it has been causing issues for programs that Nine enabled. So some programs work on pure wine-staging that don't work on galluim-nine patched staging..

I hope you have tested 3.5 nine before recommending it. CSMT switch in winecfg is broken on 3.5 staging. Touch it if you want your programs not to run. Yes issue has come out of dllredirect that may or may not effect Gallium-Nine.

Basically your claim that Wine-Staging with Gallium-Nine include should work the same is wrong.

Let get on to his regular wine.

Quite a big patch here. Adds dllredirect that is refused from mainline due to know issues with applications.

So neither of those packages you have pushed behave like wine mainline or wine staging absolutely. Both contain patches known to make them behave differently. So neither give regular versions of wine.

Comment

Working...
                    X