Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.30 Scheduled For Release On 6 September

Phoronix: GNOME 3.30 Scheduled For Release On 6 September

Following this month's successful launch of GNOME 3.28, the release team has now assembled the schedule for the GNOME 3.30.0 release and the 3.29 development milestones...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

PLEASE FIX THE GNOME SHELL MEMORY LEAK ALREADY!

2.1GB for gnome-shell is not normal.

Comment

Originally posted by dsreyes1014 View Post

they will remove mutter to resolve the issue in the next one

Comment

Originally posted by dsreyes1014 View Post

thats a Feature that Gnome-Hell has

anyone know what they plan " Feature" wise for 330
        Last edited by Anvil; 24 March 2018, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

thats a Feature that Gnome-Hell has
          Behold! The wit! See how he intentionally left out the 'S'? See it? My God ...

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
          anyone know what they plan " Feature" wise for 330
          OMG OMG. You've outdone even yourself. I love how you placed " Feature" in quotes. It emphasizes the fact that you aren't appreciative of the current " Features", or possibly even refuse to recognize them at all. What's the significance of the space between the 1st quote and the word " Feature"?

Do you do standup?

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post

OMG OMG. You've outdone even yourself. I love how you placed " Feature" in quotes. It emphasizes the fact that you aren't appreciative of the current " Features", or possibly even refuse to recognize them at all. What's the significance of the space between the 1st quote and the word " Feature"?

Do you do standup?
            yes i do standup. was it funny

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post

Do you do standup?
              i come here make you laugh

Comment

dsreyes1014 My gnome-shell runs at around 270MB, never had a leak problem AFAIK. Do you know why you have this problem? Have you entered a bug, or are you following one? Could you share it?

Because I'm pretty sure ranting your problems on the Phoronix forums won't solve much, but it will attract trolls apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Creak View Post
                  dsreyes1014 My gnome-shell runs at around 270MB, never had a leak problem AFAIK. Do you know why you have this problem? Have you entered a bug, or are you following one? Could you share it?

Because I'm pretty sure ranting your problems on the Phoronix forums won't solve much, but it will attract trolls apparently.
                  Blah, blah, blah. This issue is known since years. There are bug reports already and nobody did a thing to fix it. I have AMD RX 480 and suffer from this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Creak View Post

There is a memory leak. I didn't know about it either before reading this article: https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/03/...untu-18-04-lts

But as soon as I read that article I looked for the memory leak and it turns out it's real. I just hadn't noticed because I have 32GiB of RAM and plenty of headroom.

When I reset gnome-shell it drops to about 100MiB. After one day of intensive use it rises to about 300-400MiB. Not a big deal for me on my desktop, but it could be a problem on my 4GiB RAM laptop which I don't use very often. Either way, it needs to be fixed asap.

Comment

Working...
                    X