Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krita 4.0 Now Available For Open-Source Digital Painting

Phoronix: Krita 4.0 Now Available For Open-Source Digital Painting

Krita 4.0 is now available as the latest major release for this KDE-aligned, open-source digital painting program...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Aaahhhh KRITA!!!

I was a heavy Photoshop user, until one day i decided to move to GIMP...
    Then GIMP development started to "slow down"... so a few months back i tried KRITA and...

Men... this is a totally new level!!!

If you came from photoshop, more than giving GIMP a try you really have to give Krita a try!!!
    It's a bit hard to learn and you have a few new concepts... But, unlike gimp, it has a fresh GUI, regular updates and it's as capable as Photoshop or Gimp.

However, i'm not talking about artist drawing here!!! Man i can't even evaluate that!!! In that part i just believe when everyone says its very good.
    Here i'm talking about photography, photo corrections, enhancements and other things (on professional level): Krita has it all!!! A lot of tools have different names or some functions are accomplished in different ways... But it's there!!! It's all there!!!

I'm very happy with it!!!

Comment

Is it based on wayland?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
        Is it based on wayland?
        No. It's based on Qt. There's a bit of X11-specific code to handle tablet support on Linux. Since Wayland doesn't support tablets yet, Wayland is not yet relevant for Krita. Maybe in 2019.

Comment

I'm going to have to try this soon. I typically use krita for sketching and inkscape for vectoring in my sketches... but inkscape is balls for their... almost everything.

Comment

Krita is one of those softwares that we should reccomend to graphic designers when thez complain about gimp not being good enough. I wish it was still included with calligra suite though. Too lazy to type one more install command.

Comment

Originally posted by boudewijnrempt View Post

No. It's based on Qt. There's a bit of X11-specific code to handle tablet support on Linux. Since Wayland doesn't support tablets yet, Wayland is not yet relevant for Krita. Maybe in 2019.
              Ok, thanks for the answer. So it is a matter on wayland. It is necessary to contact the developers to improve it.

Comment

As far as me Krita should be one of the best image editor.

Comment

Working...
                X