• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

most likely this one, even ubuntu will ship with gnome 3.28
    Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      What? Could you describe better what is this?
      Nautilus has been undergoing a major rewrite for a few years now, part of this work involves developing new versions of the list and icon views so that they are faster and make better use of space. Nautilus also provided the desktop icons under GNOME 2 and GNOME 3 if you went and enabled it in the tweak tool, this was done by using some Xorg specific hacks and as a result the code has not been maintained for years.

As these new views are about to replace the old views this means that the code for rendering desktop icons will no longer be part of Nautilus, instead the functionality will be handled by a shell extension. This makes the most sense for GNOME since desktop icons are not part of the user experience, but it allows people who want desktop icons to still use GNOME.

There is absolutely no controversy here except for a bunch of uninformed idiots who've been screaming about it since OMG Ubuntu wrote a shitty click bate article about it. For anyone who wants to keep their old style desktop icons they can use Thunar which is a fork of Nautilus and is used by XFCE to be their file manager and desktop icon renderer.

Comment

I'm using 3.28 in Fedora 28 with Wayland. My laptop has Intel HD4000 and AMD Radeon HD8750M(OLAND, GCN 1.0) and because of the famous Radeon driver bug VCE init error(-110) screen freezes every 20 seconds. If you have a laptop with Intel/AMD combo better wait for a fix and then update to F28.

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
          I started using the beta today and I noticed a few Wayland fixes but as long as it's locked to 60fps and stutters like hell I'm going to stick to x.org thank you very much.
          I feel like you and I are the only ones who speak about this major issue. Xorg it is.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            What? Could you describe better what is this?
            Previously the desktop was handled by Nautilus. Gnome devs think Nautilus is a file manager, not a desktop manager, so they're moving the functionality to a different package (not dropping it). People are making a fuss about it because boohoo Gnome 3 ermahgerd, whine, whine.

Comment

Originally posted by xxmitsu View Post
              Does anyone know if Fedora 28 will include this version of gnome, or it is too late at this point?
              A quick search on their wiki page didn't reveiled any detail about this.
              https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/28/Schedule an yes GFlop3.28 will come with F28

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/28/Schedule an yes GFlop3.28 will come with F28
                That's the page where I was also looking initially.
                Can you please be more specific where you've seen gnome 3.28 mentioned there?

Comment

Does anyone know if Fedora 28 will include this version of gnome, or it is too late at this point?
                  GNOME 3.28 pre-release packages were already in Fedora 28 development repositories, so it's practically guaranteed to land for Fedora 28.

Comment

Fedora 28 (pre beta) already has gnome 3.27.92 packages so it is more or less certain.

Comment

Gnome-Keyring acts as ssh-agent by default in a lot of Distributions, problem is: it can not handle ed25519 keys.
                      With Gnome 3.28, this should at last work now because when Gnome-Keyring is used as ssh-agent, it uses ... the "real" ssh-agent now

Comment

Working...
                      X