No announcement yet.

Amarok 2.9 Released As The Last Step Before Qt5/KF5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually like Amarok A LOT! Amarok it's not just a music player, it's a lot more than that and i do not see any other player doing ALL the good things it does!!!

From getting the lyrics, to find out info about the songs on wikipedia, videos and so much more on without leaving it's interface is awesome!!!

So, it's great to see it ported and i truly hope this brings it a new life!!!

I've very happy with it!!!

Keep up the good work KDE

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

I'm guessing Amarok still uses Phonon (and they'll switch to QtMultimedia with the next version). Which Phonon backend are you using?

My distro implements amarok 2.2.8.0 I don't know about kind of phonon it uses.

Comment

Amarok is my favorite player for KDE. I had to remove it but now KF5 port compiled from source working pretty good on my machine. Waiting for official release with completed port.

Comment

what's the best player in handling big music libraries?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
            Anarok is one of the worst player ever probably the worst utility ever. It is a shame to include it on the distros for KDe as well as a way of discredit for Kde which seems to mock users.
            In contrary Amarok 1.4 was the best player ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ResponseWriter View Post
              Great! It's been so long since the 2.9 beta that I wondered whether it would ever happen. Hopefully the kf5 release isn't too far away now.
              I sure hope so. I mean: I haven't used Amarok in years and I'm not planning to use it again, but if they're still developing it, they should release it soon 'cause else they might as well delay it for KF6.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post

the best player unable to play audio is surely the best player.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post

Some have tried (see below), but I personally have not seen an audio player that I loved as much as Amarok 1.4 and Winamp ~2.9.

1) Clementine was created due to the transition from version 1.4 to version 2 of Amarok, and the shift of focus connected with it, which was criticized by many users. The first version of Clementine was released in February 2010 -- Wikipedia
                  2) The default user interface of qmmp is inspired by Winamp -- Wikipedia

Comment

Working...
                  X