Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amarok 2.9 Released As The Last Step Before Qt5/KF5

Phoronix: Amarok 2.9 Released As The Last Step Before Qt5/KF5

The KDE developers working on the Amarok music player released version 2.9.0 this week as their last expected release atop the aging KDE 4 libraries and Qt4...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great! It's been so long since the 2.9 beta that I wondered whether it would ever happen. Hopefully the kf5 release isn't too far away now.

Comment

openSUSE Tumbleweed have it already.

Source RPM : amarok-2.9.0-102.2.src.rpm
      Build Date : Do 08 Mär 2018 13:00:00 CET
      Build Host : lamb28
      Relocations : (not relocatable)
      Vendor : obs://build.opensuse.org/KDE:Extra

Comment

Anarok is one of the worst player ever probably the worst utility ever. It is a shame to include it on the distros for KDe as well as a way of discredit for Kde which seems to mock users.

Comment

Amarok is buggy and the usability is bad. To port it over to KF5 can only be the first step if this should be usable again the future. I removed KDE 4 libs and Qt4 more than one year ago from my machines.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
            Amarok is buggy and the usability is bad.
            Wrong forum, the Itunes one is the other way.

Comment

Nice! Too bad is probably too late for it to appear in Ubuntu 18.04.

I tried hard to move to other music player, but in the end I always came back to Amarok. Even broken (does not remember the playlist after you close it) I find it better than any other Qt player.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                Anarok is one of the worst player ever probably the worst utility ever. It is a shame to include it on the distros for KDe as well as a way of discredit for Kde which seems to mock users.
                I don't get the hate towards Amarok. It has been working reliably for years and is the best player I have found capable of handing thousands and thousands of songs without breaking a sweat.

I already created a package for myself for Fedora and I am really looking forward to the kf5 version

Comment

I cannot hear anything with this audio program. The audio continuously overlaps. Other question: the audio file manager is horrible. How can Kde provide this shitty program? I hope the upgrade fixes these bugs.
                  Last edited by Azrael5; 10 March 2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                    I cannot hear anything with this audio program. The audio continuously overlaps.
                    I'm guessing Amarok still uses Phonon (and they'll switch to QtMultimedia with the next version). Which Phonon backend are you using?

Comment

Working...
                    X