KDE Plasma 5.13 Getting GTK Global Menu Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

It's not about blaming Gtk, the issue is that CSD are enforced even if the application like LibreOffice doesn't request CSD, basically that's what the bug report is about and until this bug is closed I cannot see the disagreement.
    Then why does it work fine in other DE's?

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

It's not about blaming Gtk, the issue is that CSD are enforced even if the application like LibreOffice doesn't request CSD, basically that's what the bug report is about and until this bug is closed I cannot see the disagreement.
      But that's potentially where the ambiguity is. From what I gather from the bug report, there are two flags in play – one that says that CSD is mandatory, and one that indicates that SSD is "preferred". And in the latter case, you've got a negotiation, whereby the compositor will provide SSD if it can, and otherwise the application toolkit will provide CSD.

So if both SSD and CSD are being provided, it implies that the toolkit doesn't know that the compositor is providing decorations – and that lack of knowledge could be due to a bug in either compositor or toolkit, or it could be because both have interpreted the spec in different ways, and neither is definitively right or wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
        I also had to replace some of its apps with Gnome ones (Nautilus, Gedit), and I had to isntall nocsd for GTK apps to look ok, though not as nice as they look on Gnome.
        Huh? You replaced Dolphin with Nautilus? That's usually one of the few cases where even Gnome people agree that the KDE option is superior.

Comment

Working...
        X