Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 3.3 Released

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 3.3 Released

While the original Wine-Staging maintainers have parted ways with the project, a new Wine-Staging initiative has been getting under way and they managed their first development release this Sunday...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Edit: posted in wrong thread
    Last edited by SpyroRyder; 04 March 2018, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpyroRyder View Post
      Once again proving that Oracle are still garbage. Even Microsoft got better, even if they're a long way from good, but Oracle you can count on to be the worst company in the Tech world
      Wrong thread mate. This one is about the Wine 3.3 staging release.

Comment

Originally posted by SpyroRyder View Post
        Once again proving that Oracle are still garbage. Even Microsoft got better, even if they're a long way from good, but Oracle you can count on to be the worst company in the Tech world
        I think you replied to the wrong post here. This is about Wine (specifically, Wine-staging). So Oracle has nothing to do with this... of course there is a possibility I do not see the link of your statement. Though I totally agree with your statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post

I think you replied to the wrong post here. This is about Wine (specifically, Wine-staging). So Oracle has nothing to do with this... of course there is a possibility I do not see the link of your statement. Though I totally agree with your statement.
          Yep, my mistake. I must just have clicked to wrong comments link from the front page. Will repost in the proper thread

Comment

4 comments and all unrelated...

Well, make it 5 then

Comment

finally!

Comment

Yay! So glad it's being maintained. Desktop integration feels better with it and more games need less fooling around with it. But I do agree some of its patches look pretty hard to maintain. I hope to see it cleaned up and reorganised for better maintainability and hopefully better chances for its patches to get upstreamed.

Comment

Woo! I've only really needed the d3d9 patches recently and the 2.21 patches were still applying against 3.2 but not 3.3 so I was about to look into that. Don't need to now!

Comment

Building wine on 64bit is easy nowadays? Last time I've tried to compile it was a lot of work. I hope for a Ubuntu ppa soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X