KDiff3 Project Revived For Showing File/Folder Differences, Now Part Of KDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDiff3 Project Revived For Showing File/Folder Differences, Now Part Of KDE

Phoronix: KDiff3 Project Revived For Showing File/Folder Differences, Now Part Of KDE

KDiff3 is a long-time Qt-powered program for showing compares and merges between 2_ text files or directories. It's basically a nice graphically-driven diff viewer and has automatic merge abilities, Unicode handling, etc...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Minor typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    and merges between 2_ text files

Comment

Great, love having tried and true utilities.

The other one I really like is QDirStat but the UI needs a refresh to current Qt IMO, and a updated Icon.

Comment

Weird, I have had a QT4 free system for half a year now, and I didn't have to wait on Kdiff3 (which is an awesome diff/merging tool, possibly the best I have used)

Comment

I've been running the Qt5 port for ages, glad it's getting some TLC though, it's really handy for git mergetool

Comment

I use Meld, though is for the GNOME desktop, well it uses GTK3.
            On Windows, I used to use WinMerge, although it hasn't seen any update in 5 years.
            On the web, I use Mergely.

Comment

KDE already has Kompare, which is essentially identical to meld. What's the difference between Kompare and KDiff, and how did both end up existing at the same time?
              Last edited by ⲣⲂaggins; 02 March 2018, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ⲣⲂaggins View Post
                KDE already has Kompare, which is essentially identical to meld. What's the difference between Kompare and KDiff, and how did both end up existing at the same time?
                You mean; how do the two kompare?

Comment

Used to use kdiff3 back in the days, but nowadays I've switched to emerge (emacs mode for solving merge conflicts).

Comment

Originally posted by ⲣⲂaggins View Post
                    kdiff3 is a 3-way merget tool. It's a bit more difficult to understand but once you got it it's much, MUCH better than Meld.
                    ## VGA ##
                    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
                    X