KDE Plasma 5.13 Getting Friendlier Monitor Hot-Plug Handling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
    Sometimes I use the dual monitor for work and fortunately I have never had any problems with Plasma 5. But every improvement is welcome! Hi
    I had issues back in 2015. Plasma 5 was totally new then (as far as stable versions are concerned) and I had to disconnect the external monitor from my laptop before putting it in sleep mode. Otherwise, I had tons of screen issues that'd only be solved by rebooting the machine (restarting X might've been helpful as well; it's too far away in time for me to recall).

Comment

Originally posted by andreano View Post
      What about turning a screen on/off?

I have this funny problem with my dual monitor KDE desktop: All windows move to the left screen when turning both screens off and on again. And the right screen's task manager thinks it's on the left screen, showing only the wrong screen's windows.
      I know exactly what you mean.

Sometimes, I need to turn off my secondary (left) display, because some applications or games (such as Mark of the Ninja) does not handle multi-monitor setups all that well.

The problem arises when I then enable the left monitor again (either via KScreen or xrandr). At this point, as you also described, all windows move to the left monitor and the Task Manager on the primary display (with the "Show only tasks from the current screen" option enabled) gets confused. Even after dragging some windows back, the Task Manager does not acknowledge that the windows are now back on the primary display again.

Slightly annoying, since I do have quite a few scenarios where I am forced to turn off my secondary display for a given application to behave.
      Last edited by bwyan; 02 March 2018, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by grok View Post
        a password-less screen lock – I know that's the silliest suggestion I ever made
        LOL, Weston has this by default!

Comment

Originally posted by andreano View Post

LOL, Weston has this by default!
          ... thanks!

Well, even Windows 8 has one sort of, if the user password is blank

Comment

Working...
          X