Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.10.1 Ships With More Than 300 Bug Fixes

Phoronix: Qt 5.10.1 Ships With More Than 300 Bug Fixes

The Qt Company has announced the availability of Qt 5.10.1, the first bug-fix release to Qt 5.10 that shipped back in December...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thank god that not 15 trillion bug fixes. Open source has this trend that the more bug fixes reported the more robust the software is deemed, but it goes both ways as it also means it was so crappy it had over 300 bugs after so many years of bug fixing.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
      Thank god that not 15 trillion bug fixes. Open source has this trend that the more bug fixes reported the more robust the software is deemed, but it goes both ways as it also means it was so crappy it had over 300 bugs after so many years of bug fixing.
      For what it's worth, a lot of this code is fairly new.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        There is a few Wayland fixes
        Great! Martin reported some of the current Plasma/KWin issues are bugs in Qt so hopefully this fixes a few. The Wayland session works well on my Intel machine but on AMD I get a black screen and have to force a shutdown using the power button (keyboard input is ignored).

BTW, that should be "There are a few..."

Comment

I have no black screen issue with AMD, did you try starting the Wayland session directly without DM?

Edit: Btw: The libinput scroll issue had been fixed in the previous version, finally!
          Last edited by aufkrawall; 13 February 2018, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
            I have no black screen issue with AMD, did you try starting the Wayland session directly without DM?
            No but I'll give that a go after my distro ships this, Plasma 5.12.1 and Frameworks 5.43 later this week. It has previously started when on a new user session with empty home directory but didn't this time.

Comment

It's quite possible 299 of the 300 were not present in previous releases. Kinda hard to gauge this tho.

Comment

Groan. You realise many of the same people write both proprietary software and open-source software right? Do you think they magically don't write bugs when they're droning away at work on something _somebody else_ wants them to do, rather than something they're passionate about?

Comment

Working...
                X