X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheOne
    replied
    Originally posted by caligula View Post
    I'd really appreciate if they could improve the a) startup time (takes forever on RPi) and b) music playing capabilities. a) I don't really understand why it takes so long. I mean, what does it do before the GUI shows up? It doesn't sync the database, doesn't read any media content files. Just sits there waiting. It takes around 15 seconds on RPi 3...
    Maybe the slow startup time is how much the python scripts take to initialize...

Leave a comment:

• caligula
    replied
    I'd really appreciate if they could improve the a) startup time (takes forever on RPi) and b) music playing capabilities. a) I don't really understand why it takes so long. I mean, what does it do before the GUI shows up? It doesn't sync the database, doesn't read any media content files. Just sits there waiting. It takes around 15 seconds on RPi 3, which isn't as slow as the previous models. b) It's really slow to access NAS shares compared to other apps like audacious. I mean really slow. Don't really care about the eye candy. Just wondering why audacious works much faster even if start a new session with a nuked db. Basically it scans directories and metadata much faster. Kodi doesn't seem to cache anything even if I have 100GB of free disk space and 16 gigs of RAM.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    nvdec support would be nice too.

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R
    replied
    I'm most excited about the Wayland support!

Leave a comment:

• bemerk
    replied
    Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
    no netflix ?
    https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix works pretty well

Leave a comment:

• cj.wijtmans
    replied
    no netflix ?

Leave a comment:

• Danny3
    replied
    While everybody is running away from Windows soon to be Walled Garden App store Kodi developers waste their time into making Kodi to their liking to be accepted int heir Crap store.
    I assume Kodi's developers still haven't fixed the installer to install Kodi for all Windows accounts and to have fully working portable mode with relative paths.
    I hope they at least have a working 64bit version.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic The Current State Of Kodi 18 Development

The Current State Of Kodi 18 Development

Phoronix: The Current State Of Kodi 18 Development

Kodi developers have written a blog post outlining their work so far on Kodi 18 "Leia", which should be out at some point this year but with no formal release schedule yet...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X