No announcement yet.

GNOME Shell Gets macOS-Like Ability To Close Apps From The Alt-Tab Switcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I'll consider using gnome3 on more systems if they add that feature that was requested back in 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

after hovering the mouse pointer in the up left corner
      I keep doing that, but the close button doesn't show up.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

If you closely inspect my earlier comment, you will see that I didn't mention Alt+tab. And that I mention a similar function.
        But Present Windows is not similar to Alt+Tab, that's my point. It's a totally different way of switching b/w apps.

Comment

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
          Can’t alt-tab easy on a tablet that’s for sure.
          What do you mean, exactly? On tablet with Gnome Shell I switch between app by pressing Home button (I could close it there, too) or by placing apps on different workspaces and then switching between them by four finger gesture.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I keep doing that, but the close button doesn't show up.
            When you put the mouse over the left corner, it goes to "expose-like" mode right? Where it shows each window.

In this mode, when you hover the mouse over each window, it will highlight the window and then show the red close button on the right corner of that window, at the least on plasma 5.11

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

When you put the mouse over the left corner, it goes to "expose-like" mode right? Where it shows each window.

In this mode, when you hover the mouse over each window, it will highlight the window and then show the red close button on the right corner of that window, at the least on plasma 5.11
              Yes, that works fine. But that's NOT the same as Alt+Tab, which is what the article is about.

Comment

Working...
              X