No announcement yet.

VLC 3.0 Should Be Out By The End Of The Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if there is an option yet to move subtitles below the letter box? On both my 4:3 monitor and 16:10 laptop there are black bars that go to waste when I watch movies.

Comment

Sadly the lagging I got when playing .mkv format in vlc has made me use old smplayer instead.
      perhaps vlc will make a comeback

Comment

So can I finally get off building from source now without losing playlist length display? Because that would be awesome …

Comment

Have they fixed the issue where moving the video seek slider or changing its layout causes a lockup?

Comment

Originally posted by SyXbiT View Post
            I used VLC for years, but their slow pace of releases, and overly busy UI/featureset made me switch to gnome-mpv.
            Overall for basic video watching I don't need the thousands of features in VLC. Just a small optimized app with a simple UI.
            My opinion is the opposite of this. At one stage I used alpha version of VLC 3.0 for batch video processing. I prefer using one powerful tool, opposed to 50 apps that all work/look different. I suppose I will never be a happy gnome user.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLexMachine View Post
              VLC is the only one I've tried that works on my hardware half as well as I'd like. The rest just don't seem to work well in one way or another, making them useless. I got MPV working with SMPlayer, but SMPlayer can't use the seek function, so it's broken. MPlayer just crashes. VLC works fine for 1080P, but it's too far behind in hardware acceleration to be of use for my 4K content. Once the next version of FFMPEG comes out, VLC should be in top shape for current Intel/Nvidia users.
              Tra Gnome MPV. It's actually quite nice.

Comment

I have tried VLC3 very briefly and it doesn't feel as laggy as VLC2 but it still lags just not as often and it's not uncommon to see green screen for 1-3sek after you did some actions.
                With VLC3 you no longer need to hold shift key to rewind or FF with arrow keys.
                I haven't tried if it possible to put the subtitles in a letterbox that's not part of the video.
                Last edited by Nille_kungen; 11 February 2018, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post

Tra Gnome MPV. It's actually quite nice.
                  I did and it has a very very big problem. The Mute function is locked on after the first use, so I get no sound.

Comment

Working...
                  X