Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KMyMoney 5.0 Released, Ported To KDE Frameworks 5

Phoronix: KMyMoney 5.0 Released, Ported To KDE Frameworks 5

KMyMoney, the KDE personal finance manager program, has reached version 5.0 and with that big "5" release it's been ported to KDE Frameworks 5...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I removed kmymoney when I wanted to get rid of Qt4 more then one year ago. Finally it is ported now, I'm happy to use it again.

Comment

Same here. I don't download nor use and will purge when I find them ANY program using KDE 4/Qt4 framework and/or libraries.

Curious though. How does KMyMoney stack up against the other big Qt/KDE based financial program Skrooge, which went KDE5/Qt5 a while back? I heard Skrooge can recognize and track cryptocurrencies. What about KMyMoney?
      Last edited by Jumbotron; 07 February 2018, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Another question....and this goes for Skrooge as well....when will we see a Flatpak or Snap of these two apps ?

Comment

Michael, have you tried Skrooge?

Skrooge seems nice... Compared to KMyMoney i don't know which is better... Opinions?

Comment

call me crazy but I don't stand still use the K on each program that they made, even now the desktop is called Plasma is way better, they should switch all the K.

Comment

Originally posted by raonlinux View Post
              call me crazy but I don't stand still use the K on each program that they made, even now the desktop is called Plasma is way better, they should switch all the K.
              It's the stupid and childish branding that we can see in most of Linux DEs, like Linux wasn't user unfriendly enough.
              No wonder Linux on desktop has 1% user share and I can't really recommend it to any friend when a simple "file manager" has 10 different names in 10 distributions.

Comment

Agreed, all should take inspiration from gnome way and call their DE just desktop environment. It would simplify things a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by raonlinux View Post
                  New applications don't have the "k", but they tend to avoid renaming existing applications.

Comment

I've been using Moneydance for the past six moths after getting frustrated with not being able to get Quicken 2017 running under Wine or CrossOver. I had been using Quicken since the 1990s. After a bit of adjustment, I am pretty happy with MoneyDance. While it is proprietary it at least is fully supported on Linux (as well as MacOS and Windows.)

Comment

Working...
                    X