Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 5.12 LTS Released With Much Better Wayland Support, Other Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
    This KDE 5.12 Wayland dual-monitor is very crashy to me here. Looks like Plasmashell is crashing when I open some programs. It returns right after, tough. This is in a Thinkpad T430 with Intel drivers, on KDE neon.

Is good that they are prioritizing Wayland support. It is indeed in need of some love. The night settings and the scaler on the Screen settings are a nice touch. A friend was asking me if there is some more automated way to tune things for a high dpi monitor.
    Try deleting the .cache folder in your $HOME, i dont know why KDE doesnt do it automatically between releases.

Comment

They also fixed the window shadows to be usable and look great. Looking forward for Kubuntu 18.04 LTS with KDE LTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
        KDE Plasma is amazing,but I have a few questions...
        2. Where is the display of the creation date of files (like in Dolphin file properties), assuming that someone is using a Kernel >= 4.11 that has the statx function. is it available or not in this release?
        We're still working on it: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=381367.

I submitted a patch: https://phabricator.kde.org/D7423 but could use some technical assistance if anyone here is familiar with the systems in question.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          So, you're never going to use it?
          Mark these words, in a decade he will be flaming because the "Wayland conspiracy" wants him to stop using Xorg that is "working fine".

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            Mark these words, in a decade he will be flaming because the "Wayland conspiracy" wants him to stop using Xorg that is "working fine".
            Go right ahead. I have nothing against Wayland, I like its premise. It's just that I haven't really tried to get it to work for me. I'm not about to make judgements on it, I wish those devs the best of luck, they had a bright idea and they made it happen. It wasn't just another NIH project with delusions of empire. That's more than many other people, including myself, can say.

Comment

Arrived in the KDE repositories of openSUSE Leap! Fantastic ! Thanks to everyone who makes KDE possible.

Comment

Login speed is the same for me as before (instant), something must be wrong.

Comment

Upgraded in KDE Neon. A HUGE amount of done was done in polishing, recently, cf. Nate's blog : https://pointieststick.wordpress.com/
                  Each week, a year's worth of bugfixes / improvements IMHO :-)
                  Wayland session works well. There's one AZERTY keyboard related bug that made me switch back to X for the time being but it's very very promising in the short run.

Comment

KDe Plasma is going to be the best desktop environment and mobile environment as well.

Comment

At least on Kubuntu Artful (as shipped via the KDE updates PPA), plasma 5.12 represents a significant regression on the standard Xorg session. The power buttons (power-off, sleep, wake up) don't work anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X