Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 5.12 LTS Released With Much Better Wayland Support, Other Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.12 LTS Released With Much Better Wayland Support, Other Improvements

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.12 LTS Released With Much Better Wayland Support, Other Improvements

KDE Plasma 5.12.0 is now available that also serves as the second long-term support release for the Plasma 5 desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thx to all contributors for the hard work.

Comment

This KDE 5.12 Wayland dual-monitor is very crashy to me here. Looks like Plasmashell is crashing when I open some programs. It returns right after, tough. This is in a Thinkpad T430 with Intel drivers, on KDE neon.

Is good that they are prioritizing Wayland support. It is indeed in need of some love. The night settings and the scaler on the Screen settings are a nice touch. A friend was asking me if there is some more automated way to tune things for a high dpi monitor.

Comment

This is a neutral message. Feel free to rest for a while, then you can scroll down to the shitposting.

Comment

KDE rocks! Gnome sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by KRiloshart View Post
            KDE rocks! Gnome sucks!
            Weak trolling. I give it a 2/10.

Comment

Originally posted by AsuMagic View Post
              This is a neutral message. Feel free to rest for a while, then you can scroll down to the shitposting.
              Imgur?
              Imgur.

Comment

Between 5.9 and 5.11 we went from an unbootable Wayland session to like 90% of the way there with a ton of missing polish.

Once this lands in Arch I look forward to seeing just how much of that last 10% was made up.

Comment

It looks so good with a dark color scheme. And it feels comfortable and familiar. I'm very happy with it so far. I haven't actually tried it with Wayland yet, but I don't see much of a point until that's the only option. Xorg support is more complete and it works just fine, although I know it has its flaws.

Comment

Do Nvidia binary drivers work with Plasma5 Wayland?

Comment

Working...
                    X