On-Screen Keyboard Improvements, Thunderbolt UI Land In GNOME Shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On-Screen Keyboard Improvements, Thunderbolt UI Land In GNOME Shell

Phoronix: On-Screen Keyboard Improvements, Thunderbolt UI Land In GNOME Shell

Last minute work ahead of the imminent UI/feature freeze for GNOME 3.28 landed on Monday for the GNOME Shell...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is that the old thunderbolt stuff, or the new USB-C connector type thunderbolt?

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      Thunderbolt is a protocol.
      USB is a protocol.
      USB Type-C is a connector.

So I guess this applies both when regardless of which connector you use as long as it is the Thunderbolt protocol.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
        This is the GUI for the Bolt project https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...derbolt-Secure

Which is about Thunderbolt 3, the latest and greatest, the one using USB-C connector.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          This is the GUI for the Bolt project https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...derbolt-Secure

Which is about Thunderbolt 3, the latest and greatest, the one using USB-C connector.
          Thanks

Comment

I'm not sure if it was a security hack to Thunderbolt 2 or what, but my Dell m3800 with Thunderbolt 2 has those same security levels. I have it locked to DisplayPort only in the BIOS. In Windows there's an Intel tool to control it which runs in the system tray.

I don't think security levels is a TB 3 limited thing. I hope it is also supported on older systems. Just in case I decide I need Thunderbolt for something.

Comment

has screen keyboard worked for anybody? never works for me.
              perhapls if i reboot, or sign out from session its there at restart but never switches on when flipping the switch

Comment

Working...
              X