X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post

openSUSE Tumbleweed (since over a weeK):
    libreoffice-6.0.0.2-2.1.x86_64
    The .2 means that it was release canidate 2 that they released. The libreoffice stable is 5.4.4. They release a bugfix version every month, and will consider the 6.0 branch suitable for business environments after about 4-5 months of patches.

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post

openSUSE Tumbleweed (since over a weeK):
      libreoffice-6.0.0.2-2.1.x86_64
      Debian Experimental (since over a 3 months ago)
      6.0.0~alpha1

Joke aside, but only 6.0.0.3 is marked stable... 3 months 3 points since first alpha or when you see alpha you can expect release in about 3 months or so.

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post
      Or you could wait for the stable channel to be updated for 6.0. The .0.0 releases tend to have some bugs. I personally wait a few months before upgrading, so I can avoid them.
      If nothing, alphas and betas have even more ... as usual how time flies, it have less and less bugs.
      Last edited by dungeon; 01 February 2018, 01:35 AM.

Comment

my two major gripes still not fixed:
        using spreadsheet, search searches the whole sheet not the selected cells and cant open spreadsheets with 100,000 rows without crashing.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWarrior View Post
          I am not sure if it is only me or others see the same issues. On macOS 10.13.2 libreoffice 6.0 enters into a constant crash recover crash again loop. I shouldn't have upgraded...
          Same here, but on 10.12.6.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
            my two major gripes still not fixed:
            using spreadsheet, search searches the whole sheet not the selected cells and cant open spreadsheets with 100,000 rows without crashing.
            Both Microsoft Excel and Libreoffice have a row limit of 1,048,576 (220);
            Did you mean the number of columns? (1,024 limit in LibreOffice)

I just created/saved and loaded a spreadsheet (Using version 5.4) with 200,000 rows of formulas, with no problems other than it taking 8 seconds to load the document.

If the document is crashing, you might want to consider sharing it with the libreoffice devs (or create a sanitized version for them) so that they can fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post

Both Microsoft Excel and Libreoffice have a row limit of 1,048,576 (220);
              Did you mean the number of columns? (1,024 limit in LibreOffice)

I just created/saved and loaded a spreadsheet (Using version 5.4) with 200,000 rows of formulas, with no problems other than it taking 8 seconds to load the document.

If the document is crashing, you might want to consider sharing it with the libreoffice devs (or create a sanitized version for them) so that they can fix it.
              100k rows dozens of columns an lots of colors. (originally a ms office document) Wont open

Comment

100k rows dozens of columns an lots of colors. (originally a ms office document) Wont open
                Never saw the document, so I guess there is nothing needed to be fix.

Comment

Originally posted by quikee View Post

Never saw the document, so I guess there is nothing needed to be fix.
                  opens fine with excel. Calc* is just a piece of trash that cant load shit.

Comment

opens fine with excel. Calc* is just a piece of trash that cant load shit.
                    now you're just being an ass

Comment

Originally posted by quikee View Post

now you're just being an ass
                      Perhaps, but its just true. But then again who the heck puts 100k rows in a spreadsheet.

Comment

Working...
                      X