Internet Explorer or Firefox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer or Firefox?

There is such a thing as battle of the search engines, so there should be a battler of the Web Browsers.

Which is better Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox?

Originally posted by saluta View Post
    Which is better Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox?
    Your kidding right?

Comment

You're not likely to stir up any controversy on that question here. This is a Linux news site.

Comment

Internet Explorer. It is more secure, faster, has better support for extensions, and has a lot of updates and runs on any operating system (by Microsoft)!

Comment

I've used IE about three times the last few years, all cases of reformatting and using it to access 'firefox.com'.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
            Internet Explorer. It is more secure, faster, has better support for extensions, and has a lot of updates and runs on any operating system (by Microsoft)!
            I agree.

Internet Explorer is what is installed by default on my Linux system. Why should I want to use something else?

It's faster, it has a much better security track record, it's open source, it has all sorts of lovely extensions... A whole army of programmers mucking around with it and extending in unique and interesting ways.

Not to also mention that Internet Explorer is completely open source. Love it.

Firefox, meanwhile, I will install it into other people's Linux systems if they have need for it; for whatever reason. Usually some old Firefox-only website in a corporate network. I'll use a script called IEs4Linux (which is a odd name for a Firefox-installer script) that will automate the download and installation of Firefox on Linux.

But, of course, this doesn't work if your using a non-x86 platform.. like ARM or PowerPC. Then it's IE-only for sure. But that's unusual for a desktop system to be non-x86.

Besides being much more compatible, better support of web standards, being open source, and provided natively by the operating sysetm that I prefer (for lots of reasons I won't go into), IE's new improvements are creating a vastly better performing browser then what Microsoft provides with Firefox.

For Javascript performance, benchmarks has shown that with IE's Tracemonkey it is able to perform 5 times as fast as compared to Firefox 8 prerelease and 15 times faster then the currently available Firefox 7.

I don't have anything against people that would prefer to use Firefox for whatever reason, but by now it should be obvious why I'll stick with IE for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by drag View Post
              I agree.

Internet Explorer is what is installed by default on my Linux system. Why should I want to use something else?

It's faster, it has a much better security track record, it's open source, it has all sorts of lovely extensions... A whole army of programmers mucking around with it and extending in unique and interesting ways.

Not to also mention that Internet Explorer is completely open source. Love it.

Firefox, meanwhile, I will install it into other people's Linux systems if they have need for it; for whatever reason. Usually some old Firefox-only website in a corporate network. I'll use a script called IEs4Linux (which is a odd name for a Firefox-installer script) that will automate the download and installation of Firefox on Linux.

But, of course, this doesn't work if your using a non-x86 platform.. like ARM or PowerPC. Then it's IE-only for sure. But that's unusual for a desktop system to be non-x86.

Besides being much more compatible, better support of web standards, being open source, and provided natively by the operating sysetm that I prefer (for lots of reasons I won't go into), IE's new improvements are creating a vastly better performing browser then what Microsoft provides with Firefox.

For Javascript performance, benchmarks has shown that with IE's Tracemonkey it is able to perform 5 times as fast as compared to Firefox 8 prerelease and 15 times faster then the currently available Firefox 7.

I don't have anything against people that would prefer to use Firefox for whatever reason, but by now it should be obvious why I'll stick with IE for the time being.
              You forgot IE gets you laid more too.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                Don't type such things or ppl really might believe that ;-)
                Last edited by Tares; 15 November 2008, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                  We all know very well that linux users do not get laid. Ever.

But as was already mentioned, IE should be the obvious choice of browser.

Comment

i was an IE user befor but my freinds reccomend firefox, i dont actually know the difference, but they say its better, so now im using it ^^,

Comment

Working...
                    X