moron, with one click you will be clicking on your browser, not on icon
    and of course 3 keypresses is faster than mouse movement
    and you've already pulled keyboard to post bullshit

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
      without extension
      surely adding extension is better workflow than changing de
      Can you simply disable one screen (not duplicate them) from the display manager screen? Because I can't.
      windows-p. rest of questions is answered already
      Just a quick sample of workflow flaws of Gnome in dual screen mode, and quick examples of why Gnome is terrible workflow wise.
      just a quick example that gnome haters are idiots who can't do 3 out of 4 things which everyone else can do
      Last edited by pal666; 24 January 2018, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        just a quick example that gnome haters are idiots who can't do 3 out of 4 things which everyone else can do
        Uh no, Especially not when the DE in question sucks ass so hard. When the entire focus of a DE is to both eliminate configuration AND make it harder to use... It sucks ass. Hard.

EDIT: My right hand is on the mouse most of the time and the keyboard is usually pushed away. And I absolutely guarantee there are a lot more users in this world like me than like you.
        Last edited by duby229; 25 January 2018, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Please excuse me but I will just ignore you.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Uh no, Especially not when the DE in question sucks ass so hard. When the entire focus of a DE is to both eliminate configuration AND make it harder to use... It sucks ass. Hard.

EDIT: My right hand is on the mouse most of the time and the keyboard is usually pushed away. And I absolutely guarantee there are a lot more users in this world like me than like you.
            It doesn't completely suck ass. The basic paradigm behind it is fine.

They just went the wrong way to implement it on so many levels it's quite sad and disappointing. So much struggle and extensions to do basic stuff you can do on other DEs, it's really frustrating (especially it's now the only DE I'm using).

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

GNOME has been working great with its monitor layout/configuration, no complaints. It can handle fine in any arrangement configured via the settings area. And apps respect the monitors available.
              I had some problems with an older haswell i7 msi laptop with two monitors connected, where it would have difficulty reseting the monitor arrangement when the monitors are reconnected. Basically it would trip out and one monitor would go blank, until I disconnected and reconnected in a magic order. This was an older muxless machine though, with some outputs going through the nv (nouveau) card and the builtin screen connected though the integrated card.

Comment

thread to which you replied established fact that the only sucking point of gnome is it can't do one thing without extension. which is almost perfect
                most of the time you are not starting new applications either, so it is irrelevant where are you hands most of the time. and btw getting to icons with mouse in gnome requires one imprecise movement to uppper left direction, while in alternative desktop it requires precise movement aiming to minimise button and click on that button. and maybe repeat several times.
                i can guarantee that most of people do not need desktop icons. like me and unlike you.
                Last edited by pal666; 25 January 2018, 09:04 PM.

Comment

all those keys are reserved for application use. wm can't just steal apps keys
                  It doesn't have to be alt, mod can be any key. I use the key between ctrl and alt, but you could use the right alt, the fn key, the app key.

I don't think I ever used an alt+anything as a keybind before. What apps are you talking about? Usually it's ctrl-something, and you change that to caps-something quick enough if you really use it.

Comment

Working...
                  X