Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux File Systems for Windows: Use EXT4 / XFS / Btrfs On Windows

Phoronix: Linux File Systems for Windows: Use EXT4 / XFS / Btrfs On Windows

For those bound to using Microsoft Windows but needing to access EXT4/Btrfs/XFS partitions, the commercial Linux File Systems for Windows eases the headache of using Windows...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've known about these guys for a while. What they do is certainly nifty. I don't have a need to buy it, myself, but that's just me.

Comment

For EXT* there is this one:

Open source ext3/4 file system driver for Windows (2K/XP/WIN7/WIN8)

Comment

How about a NTFS (windows native) vs. ntfs3-g vs. Btrfs vs. WinBtrfs benchmark?

Comment

Is there something for cryptsetup on windows? possibly through WSL? I've looked various times in the past only to come up empty. Almost all storage I have requires cryptsetup luksOpen first, so...

Comment

Originally posted by audi100quattro View Post
            Is there something for cryptsetup on windows? possibly through WSL? I've looked various times in the past only to come up empty. Almost all storage I have requires cryptsetup luksOpen first, so...
            IIRC cryptsetup supports TrueCrypt these days… If you need something that works on both Windows and Linux perhaps you could switch to that.

Comment

for that i use ext2fsd

Comment

albeit without commercial support.
                Michael Do you really mean that, or do you mean "write" support?

Comment

Originally posted by nemequ View Post

IIRC cryptsetup supports TrueCrypt these days… If you need something that works on both Windows and Linux perhaps you could switch to that.
                  Seems like https://github.com/t-d-k/LibreCrypt might work.

Comment

Originally posted by sirblackheart View Post
                    How about a NTFS (windows native) vs. ntfs3-g vs. Btrfs vs. WinBtrfs benchmark?
                    NTFS-3g is going to be dead last cuz it's FUSE-based.

Comment

Working...
                    X