Linux File Systems for Windows: Use EXT4 / XFS / Btrfs On Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    Why no mention of www.ext2fsd.com? That's an actual open source FS driver for Windows.
    Probably because ext2fsd.com is nowhere nearly as good as Paragons implementation. It doesn't even work in a lot of scenarios, the first paragraph on their web page reads:
    Don't use Ext2Fsd 0.68 or earlier versions with latest Ubuntu or Debian systems. Ext2Fsd 0.68 cannot process EXT4 with 64-BIT mode enabled, then it could corrupt your data. Very sorry for this disaster issue, I'm working on an improvement.
    Even in the new 0.69 version there's a lot of inconsistencies and stuff that doesn't work as it should.
    When your working with disks and filesystems you really want and need a solid solution, Paragon provides this for very little money and it's something I will be purchasing for sure.

Comment

Does this support mdadm raid 1 on ext4 filesystem?

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
        Does this support mdadm raid 1 on ext4 filesystem?
        The manual states it supports all ext4 drives, in addition it also states it fully supports LVM. It doesn't specifically mention RAID anywhere even in the FAQ, you would probably be best contacting and asking them directly just to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ptyerman View Post
          Probably because ext2fsd.com is nowhere nearly as good as Paragons implementation. It doesn't even work in a lot of scenarios, the first paragraph on their web page reads:

Even in the new 0.69 version there's a lot of inconsistencies and stuff that doesn't work as it should.
          Still not a reason to not mention it. It works perfectly fine, especially if you just need read-only access. I've been using it for years without a single issue.

When your working with disks and filesystems you really want and need a solid solution, Paragon provides this for very little money and it's something I will be purchasing for sure.
          With the kind of shitty DRM they're using? Nope. Not in a million years. They can keep it. I'm not going to pay €60 to use it on my 3 computers, and then have them monitor my "license status" on top of that.

I've nothing against proprietary software, but shitty spyware DRM like this needs to die.

I might pirate it though if it shows up on p2p.
          Last edited by RealNC; 09 December 2017, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Agree about DRM, but there is ways around such things that I'll implement.
            As for the original question of why ext2fsd wasn't mentioned, the article was about Paragons Linux filesystem not ext2fsd. You don't go to a article about Windows to read about Linux after all, or vice versa.

Comment

I've used HFS+ for Windows and Ext for Windows (the precursor to Linux Filesystem for Windows). Money well spent, Paragon nailed it with these applications. Makes working on dual boots so much easier, as well as transferring drives around.

Comment

for those in a locked-down Windows environment.
                ...lets remind them: the first obligation of prisoner is to escape :P

Comment

Working...
                X