Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux File Systems for Windows: Use EXT4 / XFS / Btrfs On Windows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Linux File Systems for Windows: Use EXT4 / XFS / Btrfs On Windows

    Phoronix: Linux File Systems for Windows: Use EXT4 / XFS / Btrfs On Windows

    For those bound to using Microsoft Windows but needing to access EXT4/Btrfs/XFS partitions, the commercial Linux File Systems for Windows eases the headache of using Windows...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ms-for-Windows

  • #2
    I've known about these guys for a while. What they do is certainly nifty. I don't have a need to buy it, myself, but that's just me.

    Comment


    • #3
      For EXT* there is this one:

      http://www.ext2fsd.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        How about a NTFS (windows native) vs. ntfs3-g vs. Btrfs vs. WinBtrfs benchmark?

        Comment


        • #5
          Is there something for cryptsetup on windows? possibly through WSL? I've looked various times in the past only to come up empty. Almost all storage I have requires cryptsetup luksOpen first, so...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by audi100quattro View Post
            Is there something for cryptsetup on windows? possibly through WSL? I've looked various times in the past only to come up empty. Almost all storage I have requires cryptsetup luksOpen first, so...
            IIRC cryptsetup supports TrueCrypt these days… If you need something that works on both Windows and Linux perhaps you could switch to that.

            Comment


            • #7
              for that i use ext2fsd

              Comment


              • #8
                albeit without commercial support.
                Michael Do you really mean that, or do you mean "write" support?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nemequ View Post

                  IIRC cryptsetup supports TrueCrypt these days… If you need something that works on both Windows and Linux perhaps you could switch to that.
                  Seems like https://github.com/t-d-k/LibreCrypt might work.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sirblackheart View Post
                    How about a NTFS (windows native) vs. ntfs3-g vs. Btrfs vs. WinBtrfs benchmark?
                    NTFS-3g is going to be dead last cuz it's FUSE-based.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X