Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5 Is Almost Ready For FreeBSD Ports

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5 Is Almost Ready For FreeBSD Ports

More than three years after the initial release of KDE Plasma 5 for Linux, the support on FreeBSD is getting into shape...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

As the author wrote in the linked page:
    [[ Edit 2017-09-27 14:18 because Phoronix manages to get everything wrong, all the time: Tobias has been using Plasma 5 as his FreeBSD desktop of choice for years, dogfooding the ports much better than I ever have. And while I might be the noisiest blogger of our lot, that’s .. not necessarily a position of leadership. ]]

Comment

Hello,

I just set up Plasma 5 on Freebsd 11.1 on my Gigabyte coreboot box. I used this how to: https://euroquis.nl/bobulate/?p=1609
      The whole process took around 45 minutes from start (OS install) to finish.

Just the last step is confusing in it for setting up .xinitrc to start KDE. Skip all the fluf there, just need 1 line like below:

Code:
      #! /bin/sh
      exec /usr/local/bin/startkde
      Thanks Phoronix

Comment

Working...
      X