HAMMER2 Is Looking & Performing Good As The Future DragonFlyBSD File-System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAMMER2 Is Looking & Performing Good As The Future DragonFlyBSD File-System

Phoronix: HAMMER2 Is Looking & Performing Good As The Future DragonFlyBSD File-System

With this week DragonFlyBSD seeing HAMMER2 support added to the installer in preparation for this file-system being an option in the next DragonFly release due out in a few weeks, I've been testing out the state of this HAMMER file-system successor as well as running some benchmarks.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=25185

It loses some, and it wins some... so what's the difference from HAMMER to HAMMER2?
    I guess it'll depend on the type of your workload...

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      I've been using a daily snpshot of DragonFlyBSD

Comment

That's some impressive results if HAMMER2 delivers on the ZFS-like features.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
          That's some impressive results if HAMMER2 delivers on the ZFS-like features.
          It's even more impressive when you consider it's almost all the work from a single developer, Matthew Dillon. He's interviewed a couple of times on BSDTalk, interesting stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post
            It's even more impressive when you consider it's almost all the work from a single developer, Matthew Dillon. He's interviewed a couple of times on BSDTalk, interesting stuff.
            Exactly. Creating a current generation filesystem single-handed is mind blowing achievement.

Comment

Working...
            X