Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon DRM Driver For DragonFlyBSD Sees Big Update

Phoronix: Radeon DRM Driver For DragonFlyBSD Sees Big Update

DragonFlyBSD has updated their port of the Radeon DRM Linux driver code to provide better open-source AMD graphics support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool, glad to see this update happening even if I don't run DragonflyBSD ... mainly because this code is getting ported to Haiku OS (i915 driver using DragonFlyBSD code is a summer of code project). Hopefully we'll see a radeon and amdgpu driver there as well perhaps by next year!

Comment

I'm waiting for GPU support of my R9 290 in Freebsd. If DragonflyBSD gets to it first, I might have to try it out.

Comment

Does Radeon's audio over HDMI work? Or I'd first have to dive into source code, edit it and then re-build the kernel like in FreeBSD?

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
        I'm waiting for GPU support of my R9 290 in Freebsd. If DragonflyBSD gets to it first, I might have to try it out.
        R9 290 works already in OpenBSD and also NetBSD. For several years in fact. If Dragonfly gets to it, it would be third.
        Last edited by aht0; 07 May 2017, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Looking at NetBSD and OpenBSD, I think I would try out NetBSD. That being said, I figure that I could wait for support.

Comment

I also like NetBSD more. Except for the clumsy installer.
            Npf. I wish other BSDs ported it. Pretty darn nice..

Comment

Working...
            X