No announcement yet.

Windows 10 Creators WSL vs. Clear Linux vs. Ubuntu 17.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone, I have a doubt that I want to share. The tests were run with the AV off or at least excluding the folders where the Linux subsystem is installed? If this is not the case, I think the comparison is not fair. There is a big difference between Linux and Windows as you should know by default Linux do not have any real time AV running and checking all the files that are accessed. This can create the difference we see in the tests results. Greetings.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I have a doubt, the tests were run with the AV off or at least excluding the folders where the Linux subsystem is insulated? If this is not the case, I think the comparison is not fair.

This is a big difference between Linux and Windows as you should know, by default linux do not have any real time AV running and scanning all the files that are accessed. This can create the difference we see in the tests results related to the file system.

Greetings.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I have a doubt, the tests were run with the AV off or at least excluding the folders where the Linux subsystem is insulated? If this is not the case, I think the comparison is not fair.

This is a big difference between Linux and Windows as you should know, by default linux do not have any real time AV running and scanning all the files that are accessed. This can create the difference we see in the tests results related to the file system.

Greetings.

Comment

Sorry for posting duplicate, but my browser was giving me errors.

Comment

Working...
          X