• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh, they said they use rEFInd!

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      Ooh, they said they use rEFInd!
      they got seriously stuck solving issues with a GRUB.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Felipe View Post

Well, I just though on it because of this line from the post:
        Driver related fixes are almost always in the kernel, as in, FreeBSD. That's all. I say that because if you want to check driver compatibility, they've got constantly updated statuses of support on their website.

Last edited by profoundWHALE; 26 April 2017, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post

Driver related fixes are almost always in the kernel, as in, FreeBSD. That's all. I say that because if you want to check driver compatibility, they've got constantly updated statuses of support on their website.

https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics#Hardware_Support
          Would it apply in TrueOS's case because it's tracking 12-CURRENT? I've been thinking wiki is reflecting what's latest RELEASE/STABLE do support but not the bleeding edge development branch

For Nvidia/Intel hybrid setup maybe he could make use some use of this

(link is 2 years old though)

Comment

I tried the latest TrueOS a couple of weeks ago on my home server, which is running FreeBSD 11. I thought it incredibly cool being able to install into a boot environment but unfortunately X hangs at boot with my Braswell GPU.

Comment

Booting using 'vesa' driver hung X too?

Comment

Originally posted by danboid View Post
                I tried the latest TrueOS a couple of weeks ago on my home server, which is running FreeBSD 11. I thought it incredibly cool being able to install into a boot environment but unfortunately X hangs at boot with my Braswell GPU.
                I had something weird like that. I went to get a drink, came back and it was in the GUI. No idea what happened there because I saw the error message.

Comment

Working...
                X