Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lumina Desktop Gets Its Own Media Player

Phoronix: Lumina Desktop Gets Its Own Media Player

There's now yet another open-source media player, but this time focused on the BSD-focused Qt-powered Lumina Desktop Environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Good for them, but for me nothing can replace smplayer

Comment

another video player, why they don't use wayland?

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post
        Because they are developing this on a BSD system (TruOS, FreeBSD derivative)?

Comment

FreeBSD is still getting all the video drivers up to date, (my 290 isn't supported on FreeBSD yet). They have a nifty link showing the progress of graphics: https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics

As far as the Lumina desktop goes, they're still in the process of making it, specifically meeting BSD requirements, rather than trying to meet Linux requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by danieru View Post
            Good for them, but for me nothing can replace vlc
            fixed.

Comment

Just what pray tell does the one have to do with the other? If you read through their blogs you'll basically know that this was created to replace pithos for the developer, because he wanted his pandora but it was breaking for him.

As to Wayland that'll happen sometime after they switch away from fluxbox, which is in the works. So whenever that happens and they start on wayland probably add a year or two, based on other desktops, before they have great wayland support.
              Last edited by Luke_Wolf; 22 April 2017, 03:57 PM.

Comment

NIH syndrome again and again.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                  NIH syndrome again and again.
                  Or... Or... If you RTFBP, Pithos kept breaking for him because of compatibility issues with LibreSSL, he decided that was unacceptable and wrote a GUI for some bit of software called pianobar. I mean... it's explained right there why he made it.

It's almost like you should always read the source articles when linked as opposed to just Michael's reinterpretation of it

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

Just what pray tell does the one have to do with the other? If you read through their blogs you'll basically know that this was created to replace pithos for the developer, because he wanted his pandora but it was breaking for him.

As to Wayland that'll happen sometime after they switch away from fluxbox, which is in the works. So whenever that happens and they start on wayland probably add a year or two, based on other desktops, before they have great wayland support.
                    nothing to do, I only want to test some guys in this forum, and what I see makes thinking most of them have no ideia what the things are or not ;p
                    This media player is a good ideia to integrate in the DE, a simple, light and clean.

Comment

Working...
                    X