Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benchmarks Of Solus vs. Other Linux Distributions & BSDs

Phoronix: Benchmarks Of Solus vs. Other Linux Distributions & BSDs

Last week when posting an eight-way BSD/Linux OS comparison there were a few premium members who requested seeing Solus results side-by-side. For those interested, here are some fresh benchmarks of this promising Linux distribution.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=24492

Interesting initial results Michael, thanks. At least now we have a baseline to monitor
    Currently making some changes through the stack (and some defaults) - I'd be very interested to see a comparison with this for the next snapshot, which will be out before next week!

Edit: Part of our problem is down to an outdated set of defaults which weren't yet synced, stay tuned

Comment

Originally posted by ikey_solus View Post
      Interesting initial results Michael, thanks. At least now we have a baseline to monitor
      Currently making some changes through the stack (and some defaults) - I'd be very interested to see a comparison with this for the next snapshot, which will be out before next week!
      If you can ping me then, I can run some fresh tests. Fortunately this is one of my racked systems where I don't change out the components frequently, so will be able to use it in future OS comparisons fine.
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

If you can ping me then, I can run some fresh tests. Fortunately this is one of my racked systems where I don't change out the components frequently, so will be able to use it in future OS comparisons fine.
        Awesome I can get you an ISO before it goes into general release, and we'll undo some of these sillies you pointed out

Comment

Keep it up ikey_solus !

Comment

Michael, just to confirm which version of TrueOS are you using? The current release version is 03-31-2017 your version string says 03-22-2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
              Michael, just to confirm which version of TrueOS are you using? The current release version is 03-31-2017 your version string says 03-22-2016.
              Errr it's the 2017, was justy a typo on the run identifier. 20170322.
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

please dont use american dates.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
                  please dont use american dates.
                  American dates are no worse than anyone else's date formats. You just don't like them.

Really, *everyone* should use ISO 8601.

Comment

The best thing about Phoronix is that the people involved in the news might come here in the forums to comment about it

Comment

Working...
                    X