Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeBSD 11.0 Officially Released

Phoronix: FreeBSD 11.0 Officially Released

Following the recent delays, FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE is now officially available...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag....0-Release-Out

excellent

Comment

Yay
      Now hopefully TrueOS, GhostBSD, and HardenedBSD will follow shortly.

Comment

is Freenas going to upgrade?

Comment

I should try the next version of TrueOS based on FreeBSD 11 with Lumina DE. And maybe OpenBSD, some say is nicer than FreeBSD.

Comment

Just so you all know, TrueOS is currently following 12-CURRENT and is using a modified variant of the HardenedBSD kernel that's pulling in and integrating all the linuxkpi patches for GPU compatibility, and linux-compat bits (such that they're at 2.6.32) and such. As someone currently running TrueOS on his laptop, I do not consider it a production grade environment just yet, large swaths of the repositories aren't built currently and there's been bugs here and there like Lumina had a memory leak for a few weeks, and now it's using the llvmpipe driver instead of the intel driver on my T430 as of the last round of updates but I fully expect that they'll get things sorted out properly over the next few months and it'll be production grade again.

Comment

I once asked a boss what they thought about BSD. They said that they had used it some but they felt that BSD separated the Nerds from the boys. I thought I had to give it a try then. I have felt inadequate every since. lol I tried TrueOS recently though, it looks promising but it needs some work to make it easy for the wannabes like me.

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
                is Freenas going to upgrade?
                IIRC FreeNAS will update for 10.x.

Comment

Working...
                X